• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welp, Looks Like That One Family's Just Gonna Leave That 12-Foot Skeleton Up All Winter, Huh

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
Dec 5, 2023

Article Image

BRANSON, MO — According to sources, the Carter family, who turned heads this past Halloween with a giant 12-foot skeleton on their lawn, still hasn't taken the thing down and doesn't seem to have any plans to do so. So, it looks like they're just gonna leave the thing up all winter then, huh?

Really, someone should talk to them about this. It's such an eyesore now. People have to walk by and look at it all winter now. Can't the HOA do something about this? Isn't this what we pay them thousands of dollars per year for? Good grief! It looks like a sleazy Tim Burton Christmas special around here, folks!

So I mean, is anyone going to tell them? They're not even putting a Santa hat on the darn thing. This is just lazy! You know, back before Halloween I remember wondering where the heck they were going to store that giant thing when the holiday was over, and now I guess I have my answer: nowhere, that's where.

I don't want to throw glass stones at rock houses or whatever, but this is outrageous. We make fun of the Johnsons for leaving their Christmas lights up all year; a giant skeleton is fair game.

It should be illegal. I can't drive my kids past their house without them crying.

Stupid Carter family.

There’s a couple houses the next street over that had 5 or 6 of those things up for about 2 months. But I think they are down now. Halloween is starting to give Christmas a race for yard decorations around here. I don’t know where they find space to store all this crap? Thus the year- round plan and growth in self-storage facilities I guess.

A neighbor 2 houses down had 2 of them things last year....but nothing this year. No Christmas lights yet either when last year he went all out. I know he's alive because there was a party there over the weekend. Maybe is was a wake for his death?

It is the 'Show Me State',
they are showing him :poke:

:rofl:

It's the door handles...put yer glasses on :poke:
you beat me to it, I was just starting to write that
went in to flip the ribs, came back & hit post reply
then I saw yours
:luvplace:

We have a neighbor that still has theirs out too. It must be a thing this year.

He's either chilled to the bone and can't move or they got a head start on next years Halloween. It's Missouri, the Show Me State......
istockphoto-676012148-612x612.jpg

We used to have a window unit AC in the boy's room, which has the window under the car port.

For years, we had a winged, six legged, spider-like skeleton with a human skull sitting on top of the AC.

We just never bothered to take it down.

Every now and then we'd get people that said they were startled by it when they came up to the door.

We had to use that window as an escape route while the floor was being tiled over the summer, so the AC came out and the skeleton went to the shop.

I want to say it was there for over a decade.

I went by one today and I thought here's another one that's still up. But these people were thoughtful. They put a Santa's jacket on it!

I hate these things up all year or however long they’re up for, I don’t know why. I guess it’s one of my pet peeves, besides people still wearing masks. In my opinion I thought they were cool lookin at first but now I think they look stupid, and when I see and think of one of those I think of Halloween…… and Halloween ONLY. A guy up the street from me goin into town still has one in his yard, and it ain’t decorated or nothin. Cmon take it down then. I however, did not know these things cost about $75.00-$80.00 depending on where you buy one.

Auto Transport Service
Back