• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upside vs downside of having a girlfriend in the early stages of being 'elderly'!!

We’re about the same size Cranky. The holiday eats & treats put my gut and such back up to 190. A lot to be said for those who keep the weight off or who have the gift of a high-HP metabolism. Had one once, then at around 45, oly chit, my V-8 metab went to a slant six.
Yeah, seems like 45 was a turning point for me too but my then wife was still cooking lots of fried foods etc and liked to snack while watching TV in the evening. When she hit 180 (5' 3") and me getting to 235 is when I made a turn for the better as far as eating better goes. Have no idea how she looks these days but really don't care to see her anymore.
Happy for you! Now, maybe you won't be so..........Cranky! LOL
LOL
Will Cranky change his screen name to "No Longer Cranky"?
I like my 'long' Cranky :D
Yo.... @Cranky ....don't go throwing a hip out buddy. :lol:
These days it isn't just the hip I'm worried about!
No response from Cranky yet. Can someone please check on him to make sure he didn’t have a heart attack doing the nasty last night?
Last night was fairly mild.....but the night before was waaaay different...
Found him, he was out on a walk.

View attachment 1600800
Naw....don't need those....yet.
Oh my...
If I recall, this is all from a fella who previously hasn't sounded terribly excited about ever finding
female companionship again, right?
Well regardless, I am very happy for you sir! :thumbsup:

Gotta admit, it took a few shots at it before I finally hit on the right one - and at this point in life,
I know she's the right one because she's still here.
After all:
There's no fortune to be won by her when I go here someday soon - and she's certainly stuck with
me through some truly ugly life-and-death things, repeatedly so.
While I've been bounced around like a human ping-pong ball medically or by new jobs turning out
to not be as advertised or whatever the challenge, she's the perfect mate in that she's the steady
ship - the rock in this deal.

May everyone be blessed with such a mate in this life. I know I wouldn't be here now without her.
The first couple of years after 'her' leaving did have that effect on me but that slowly went away and this woman isn't trying to wrap me around her little finger like my X did. If fact, she's nothing like my X was!
Are you sorry you started this thread, @Cranky?
LOL!! Naw

I'd noticed that he had mentioned or I should say made a mention about my girlfriend here lately in a few of his comments. I was going to ask, but figured he'd talk about it when he was ready. I think it's all good.

Yeah, seems like 45 was a turning point for me too but my then wife was still cooking lots of fried foods etc and liked to snack while watching TV in the evening. When she hit 180 (5' 3") and me getting to 235 is when I made a turn for the better as far as eating better goes. Have no idea how she looks these days but really don't care to see her anymore.

LOL

I like my 'long' Cranky :D

These days it isn't just the hip I'm worried about!

Last night was fairly mild.....but the night before was waaaay different...

Naw....don't need those....yet.

The first couple of years after 'her' leaving did have that effect on me but that slowly went away and this woman isn't trying to wrap me around her little finger like my X did. If fact, she's nothing like my X was!

LOL!! Naw

Do they allow that at nursing homes?
:monkeyleft:
From the stories I have heard from multiple sources, apparently it is rampant in old folks home over here.
So much so, that one of the biggest reasons for Doctor visits are for STD's and related ailments among the elderly. :eek:

I guess they think that going out with a bang is the best way to go...... :lol:

From the stories I have heard from multiple sources, apparently it is rampant in old folks home over here.
So much so, that one of the biggest reasons for Doctor visits are for STD's and related ailments among the elderly. :eek:

I guess they think that going out with a bang is the best way to go...... :lol:
It's the same here......from what I hear......honest!! lol

It's the same here......from what I hear......honest!! lol
Last year, my wife and I put down a deposit on an upscale local facility. I wasn't going to sign on the dotted line until I tested the wheelchair accessibility. I put my fanciest car show chariot (a high end titanium ultralight) to the test, and the place passed with five stars, which I expected. What I didn't expect, was getting hit on by every woman I encountered in the halls. Best line was, "awesome wheels, I'll bet you've got a great upper body." And the residents tended to look more like Martha Stewart than the stereotypical nursing home inhabitant. My wife was not thrilled, but she agreed the food couldn't be beat, and we signed the application.

Last year, my wife and I put down a deposit on an upscale local facility. I wasn't going to sign on the dotted line until I tested the wheelchair accessibility. I put my fanciest car show chariot (a high end titanium ultralight) to the test, and the place passed with five stars, which I expected. What I didn't expect, was getting hit on by every woman I encountered in the halls. Best line was, "awesome wheels, I'll bet you've got a great upper body." And the residents tended to look more like Martha Stewart than the stereotypical nursing home inhabitant. My wife was not thrilled, but she agreed the food couldn't be beat, and we signed the application.
I've heard some crazy stories from others 'who have gone before me' lol Thing is, I don't plan on going and will stay in my home until the money runs out....until what I have left runs out lol!!

residents tended to look more like Martha Stewart than the stereotypical nursing home inhabitant
Yer kiddin right? You’re not mistaking those ladies hitting on you there visiting their mothers?

I've heard some crazy stories from others 'who have gone before me' lol Thing is, I don't plan on going and will stay in my home until the money runs out....until what I have left runs out lol!!
Over here, you buy an apartment in these complexes, they lay everything on while you're there.....food, entertainment, medical (all paid by your weekly superannuation of course). But when your time comes, and the relatives squabble over the finances, usually they find that the Complex has had their claws into the wealth all the while you were interred living there.

The 'check-out' fees involve the payout of around 40-50% of the value of the apartment....if you're lucky, and then the inheritance taxes and lawyer fees come out. Many families have been left to fight over two-thirds of bugger-all in many cases. The Complex then does a tidy -up....usually new carpets (depending upon condition and length of stay) a steam clean all around, and a lick of paint on the walls for that 'just renovated' smell and appearance. They then flick it on to the next punter in line and make another killing on the sale.

All ready to start the process again. The only losers in the "Retirement Village" game are the residents - or at least their benefactors. It is a booming industry and one well wort investing in.

My parents intend to either die at home, or at least my father does want that. Mum wants to move in with either us or my sister when she is too frail to manage their own home. She has a deep-rooted and well-founded reason.....those places inject patients in full-time care with all sorts of drugs to make them sleep more, so that they are less 'trouble' for the nursing staff. She has had friends of the age that lasted only weeks or in one case less than one week.

My BIL and SIL both worked in Green Vally AZ , its a 55 and up retirement community.
Ive been told stories about rampant sex like no other

By 70,80 and even 90 year old men AND women , mostly women

The Brothers collection is owned by 2 brother's that have a nationwide chain of Retirement centers. Go figure

Over here, you buy an apartment in these complexes, they lay everything on while you're there.....food, entertainment, medical (all paid by your weekly superannuation of course). But when your time comes, and the relatives squabble over the finances, usually they find that the Complex has had their claws into the wealth all the while you were interred living there.

The 'check-out' fees involve the payout of around 40-50% of the value of the apartment....if you're lucky, and then the inheritance taxes and lawyer fees come out. Many families have been left to fight over two-thirds of bugger-all in many cases. The Complex then does a tidy -up....usually new carpets (depending upon condition and length of stay) a steam clean all around, and a lick of paint on the walls for that 'just renovated' smell and appearance. They then flick it on to the next punter in line and make another killing on the sale.

All ready to start the process again. The only losers in the "Retirement Village" game are the residents - or at least their benefactors. It is a booming industry and one well wort investing in.

My parents intend to either die at home, or at least my father does want that. Mum wants to move in with either us or my sister when she is too frail to manage their own home. She has a deep-rooted and well-founded reason.....those places inject patients in full-time care with all sorts of drugs to make them sleep more, so that they are less 'trouble' for the nursing staff. She has had friends of the age that lasted only weeks or in one case less than one week.
I've heard some of the same crap here.....F'ing nuts!

mostly women
As ya know, women outlive men so it’s common for females to outnumber males by a good margin. I’d be spooked there for this and of course, a wealth of other reasons we’ve heard about..

Oh, yeah.... another thought I'd offer... if the plumbing works, turn on the faucet full blast to fill the sink.

As ya know, women outlive men so it’s common for females to outnumber males by a good margin. I’d be spooked there for this and of course, a wealth of other reasons we’ve heard about..
Oh yeah! The women outlive the men by a huge margin.....how many women worked their asses off and in bad environments vs what men did?? It's no wonder that so many men drank like no tomorrow which also took a toll....

Oh, yeah.... another thought I'd offer... if the plumbing works, turn on the faucet full blast to fill the sink.
The Scream.gif

:lol:

I've heard some of the same crap here.....F'ing nuts!
Yep, it sure does. Have horror stories remembering my uncle having MS living in a couple of nursing home for several years before he died. Pathetic isn’t a strong enough word. My MIL has been living in an upscale nursing home, well, so it’s said. Her hubby left her quite wealthy and good thing; it costs her $13,500 per/month to stay there. She gets treated the same as other residents having much less, or less than that, crappy. I have zero say about it much as that bugs me.

She fell at her house that is 300-yards from us a few years ago. I was working in the garage when I saw three squad cars and the paramedics race over there. I called to my wife to get over there with the house key as they were going to break the door in. WTH. She had the call-alert system and WE were first on the list to be called being so close; BUT for some reason they called the paramedics. Well, all that spooked her and she didn’t want to be at her large house alone anymore. I mentioned considering setting her up to have in-home care for all that friggin money. For several years while my FIL took ill and later passed, I took care of the mowing, plowing, and occasional fix-its btw her handy sons when they visited.

Nope. Figure she’s already paid near $700,000 to stay at that home, when at this cost she could have full time top-quality personal care and be in her own home! Tossed that suggestion out; but not my say.

The Brothers collection is owned by 2 brother's that have a nationwide chain of Retirement centers. Go figure
My attorney owns three. Good pipeline for estate administration, where she makes her top dollar. She's one of the more savvy business people I've met professionally, the reason I retained her.

Auto Transport Service
Back