• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today i've been to the US Car Show in Gunzenhausen, Germany

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
Photos of some cars that i've seen below.
I personally love the green 69 imperial. One of my favorites today.

IMG_1883.jpg

Today i also had the chance to take a seat in this 1985 C4 Z51 Corvette with only 40k original miles.
(Great since, as some of you know, i'm interested in the 1990 C4 ZR1 corvette)
Car looked and felt brand new.
I was pleasantly surprised by the seats which are more comfortable than those in my 560 SEC.
Legroom seemed a little low but the owner (about as tall as i am) told me there's really enough (leg) room and that the seat can be set back even further and yeah basically that it's comfortable.
While not a 1990 ZR1 (different interior) that still gave me an idea of what it's like sitting in a C4 corvette. So i'm really happy and thankful about that.
I'm pretty sure with the seat somewhat further back i would be doing alright. Not as comfy and roomy as my 69 charger of course but great for an all out sports car.

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

That's so cool. I wish I could go to one of those and hear people's opinions of the cars. I've tried to contact the "car people" in Norway (my mom is Norwegian) to help them find classic car bargains here in the American Southwest. I never got a response.

Was in the Air Force at The Zweibrucken Air Base, back in 1974-76.
The only U.S cars that i ever remember seeing in Germany, were the ones that ranking sergeants, and officers, had shipped over, as married military at the time were going to be stationed at the bases, for 3 years.
Don't know what the Army guys did, for cars, as there was an Army base, on the other side of Zweibrucken.

Last edited:
Quite surprised by the number of our 'land barges' on display, seems a lot of the home folks like our big bombs.....great post, thanks....

I'm surprised those big cars can fit on their roads!
A lot of them, really never did.
I remember a Chief Master Sergeant brought over his 73 Lincoln Continental, to Germany.
That car was so hugh, it took up two parking spaces on the base.
Pissed off lots of the guys that worked in the hanger, as he did, as it would take up two parking spaces, in small, limited, parking lot, the hanger had.
Later on, he did admit, it was a mistake having the government ship it over to Germany.
Same thing in Britian.
Back then, big American cars were called "Yank Tanks" by the Brits.

A lot of them, really never did.
I remember a Chief Master Sergeant brought over his 73 Lincoln Continental, to Germany.
That car was so hugh, it took up two parking spaces on the base.
Pissed off lots of the guys that worked in the hanger, as he did, as it would take up two parking spaces, in small, limited, parking lot, the hanger had.
Later on, he did admit, it was a mistake having the government ship it over to Germany.
Same thing in Britian.
Back then, big American cars were called "Yank Tanks" by the Brits.

I agree while it's possible to drive a fullsize car around germany (i even see 2000s lincoln stretch limousines on the road sometimes) it's everything but practical.
I already avoid parking garages and stuff with my midsize cars 1972 oldsmobile cutlass supreme and 1969 dodge charger r/t.
Something like a 69 camaro, 71 cuda, 67 mustang or pretty much any corvette is not a problem though.

Auto Transport Service
Back