• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tony D'Agostino responds to comments about GYC show...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait until GYC restores Christine's (426HemiChick) Daytona. :rolleyes:

Surely that would be a Halloween episode. :lol:

i281756464733696823._szw1280h1280_.png

lets juice this thread up some :fool:
and throw a few more GYC minion ulcers out there :D

GYC'S spokesman Tony D. does some shady stuff it seems
fake buildsheets
word on the street the car was a rusty pile
floor was toast and more
no wonder why he got nasty with me
it looks like a habit
when he gets called on his bullshit
is currently at Mecum Kissimmee with a 300-350k est on it.
I guess when you deal with the shady GYC gang
its buyer beware.
Pepperidge farm remembers :nutkick:
read the thread and enjoy

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,92926.0.html
Frank you bad boy you......Bringing up some old history.......You, me and only a couple others are even familiar with that past drama......

The good ole ECS, Tony, Mike M. battles......It not only showed what you mentioned but it also showed the "friendships" deep in the OE judging arena and how certain cars received more and others of "better" quality received less.....

Then Paul Jacobs got thrown under the bus.......for an extremely BS reason.....IMHO PJ is the epitome of the OE arena...Much respect for him....

I know why you posted that....To flush out a "minion" or two that has their finger on that keyboard but is still unwilling to chime in.....

History is not erased.........

GYC on now. Can’t watch it. All bullshit. Not a goddam thing to do with the cars.
Too bad, most are Chevy shows. Finally got our brand and it’s all crap. A rerun with Tony clips with his other half. Will won’t paint the car blah blah.

Last edited:
GYC on now. Can’t watch it. All bullshit. Not a goddam thing to do with the cars.
Too bad, most are Chevy shows. Finally got our brand and it’s all crap. A rerun with Tony clips with his other half. Will won’t paint the car blah blah.
I found myself trying to watch it late last evening as well. All the scripted drama bullshit made me give it up
finally - not to mention the tired, old, busted bit where Worman supposedly is trying to be funny but everyone
else knows he isn't - and he even knows it *wink wink*.
Yawn. That crap was old first season. Oh, let's add the bit about the daughter being artificially "promoted" all
the time, too...
Oy.
Show us the cars and what's going on with them.
Some of my favorite channels on YT are just folks working on bringing old cars back to life.
I can watch that stuff for hours and learn and be entertained, without any scripted crap and "personalities".

GYC has headed way off the tracks, and turned into an absolutely Craptacular show ! It's a Shame the Mopar community has such a "GOOF" acting as a spokesperson for our respectful brand!
This show, in my opinion is encircling the drain hole! Quite Embarrassing!!

Careful guys the fragile looking producer will call you guys "keyboard warriors"....and Tony will say it is not scripted and "slip ups" are going to happen......

So all the quality control mistakes people have pointed out, customers have pointed out and even THEY themselves pointed out are "SLIP UPS" and makes the ones pointing them out "keyboard warriors"?......

They always pass blame onto someone or something else.........

It is a good thing they have never had a car judged through OE certification.....They wouldn't be able to handle the LONG list of incorrect things pointed out by the judges.....I wonder what GYC, Tony and the fragile producer would state about them?

Really hard to watch now.I just record it so I can blow by all the nonsense that has taken over. Have started watching Goonzquad on You Tube. The guys are amazing, they are not afraid to tackle anything. More young people should be inspired like them.

Tony is biased because of a vendor/business relationship.....And why didn't he post that here?....... Only being concerned about their own egos and pockets is why they LURK here.....
The guy who sells his parts here as a known vendor. Whom is not a gold member nor a sponsoring vendor.....but wants us to support what?...lol....
Tell your buddy Hello!
Justin, im surprised your negativity towards me, i didnt know you felt like that towards me. please explain how my not posting here has to do with my ego and lining my poockets? but since you choose to take it to the forum and not call or email me, ill respond here. i had no idea of this tread til about 15 minutes ago. i dont troll , lurk and havent posted on this on this board/forum for a couple of years now. im not going to say that im not biased, but im also not going to post anything that isnt truthful, and i think i have a better grasp of what really goes opn better then anyone else here. how about this, why didnt anyone here send me a private message, email or call me and i gladly wouldve responded, like im doing know. is that good enuff for ya?

The season is at least shot 6 months in the past. So either the MT comment is BS or somehow when they filmed the season they had a feeling the first four episodes would bomb and say it will change with episode 5?

your assumption is incorrect. there are many variables that play a part in how long it takes an episode to air from when it is filmed. example, i was there the first week of Oct 2019 and a short clip aired 12-27-19 and alot of aired 1-3-2020. thats 3 moths or less

Justin, im surprised your negativity towards me, i didnt know you felt like that towards me. please explain how my not posting here has to do with my ego and lining my poockets? but since you choose to take it to the forum and not call or email me, ill respond here. i had no idea of this tread til about 15 minutes ago. i dont troll , lurk and havent posted on this on this board/forum for a couple of years now. im not going to say that im not biased, but im also not going to post anything that isnt truthful, and i think i have a better grasp of what really goes opn better then anyone else here. how about this, why didnt anyone here send me a private message, email or call me and i gladly wouldve responded, like im doing know. is that good enuff for ya?
your assumption is incorrect. there are many variables that play a part in how long it takes an episode to air from when it is filmed. example, i was there the first week of Oct 2019 and a short clip aired 12-27-19 and alot of aired 1-3-2020. thats 3 moths or less
As the professional business man that you are, or appear to be? I would think you'd have better sense to use proper and correct Grammar & Punctuation in your posts! I guess that goes to show how unprofessional & uneducated you and that other Dickwad on the show really are! Remind me not to do biz with you or him!

all the Mickey mouse horse **** that goes on makes it a **** show and almost unbearable to watch. I am embarrassed for you guys. you people are supposed to be representing the Mopar community and you guys make us look like morons. it's the only program of it's kind that is strictly Dodge , Chrysler and Plymouth. embrace it instead of taking it for granted. that show should be straight up serious about what makes us stand above the brand X cookie cutter crowd. I , among many many others will not waste another minute turning it on because we end up with 10 minutes of watchable material out of each hour. instead of pushing your parts and company, and pushing all the stupid drama , the lame clowning around, you guys should focus on what makes these cars special and what a REAL restoration actually consists of and the actual process of getting it done RIGHT.

For me, Tony is actually one of the reasons that I watch the show.

I have to agree with WP29440SE, this was an opportunity to show how unique and awesome the Mopar brand is but it was wasted and really depicts something akin to redneck morons. GYC has not become synonymous with the brand to many which is very unfortunate. Some may say "so what" but anyone serious about the brand and its products doesn't want to be associated to GYC. Perhaps a better way to say this is that GYC is not at all a good ambassador of the brand and while it may have little or no effect on the rest of the Mopar population, it is just a stain that is very unpleasant. I believe this issue continues to come up because the Mopar faithful REALLY wanted a decent show about the cars we love, but what we got was a clown show that is full of BS, incorrect information, poorly built cars and nauseating commentary. Sure we don't have to watch it but if you are at all active in the hobby you are confronted with it frequently in ads (as seen in GYC), in our magazines (has their own column in MM), vendors (as used by GYC), etc. While I appreciate the industry leaders trying to sort them out, it appears to have become more of an advertising opportunity. Doesn't mean I would not buy from Tony or Ted, just is a little painful to see those endorsements when we know how bad the show is.

Look, I think we all know this is about money, ratings and entertainment, but this show could have been so much better, something that we looked forward to, recorded, referred to, etc. but instead we got an embarrassment that is moderately entertaining to some. The truly missed the mark (no pun intended) here. Can you imagine if Carroll Shelby had done a show like this... It surely would not have been the goat rope that GYC is and probably would have gotten even more people to go out and obtain Shelby products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back