• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torque converter for my 383

Kessler21

Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Hello I need some technical help. I put a 383 in my coronet, it runs and drives great however I need to replace to torque converter it’s damaged unfortunately. My question is I have the 318 with a 727 10 inch flex plate. My current is a 383 with an 11inch flex plate, trans is from a 68 Chrysler with a 440 engine low miles it was given to me. With this work?

So this is the break down
72 coronet originally a 318 and a 727
Now a 383 with a bb 727 with a bad converter. Can I use the 318 converter for this application.

Hello I need some technical help. I put a 383 in my coronet, it runs and drives great however I need to replace to torque converter it’s damaged unfortunately. My question is I have the 318 with a 727 10 inch flex plate. My current is a 383 with an 11inch flex plate, trans is from a 68 Chrysler with a 440 engine low miles it was given to me. With this work?

So this is the break down
72 coronet originally a 318 and a 727
Now a 383 with a bb 727 with a bad converter. Can I use the 318 converter for this application.
Yes, with the correct flex plate. You will probably have a higher stall speed though. Which you may or may not like. I am assuming both engines are neutral balance-no weights on either converter.
Mike

Yes, with the correct flex plate. You will probably have a higher stall speed though. Which you may or may not like. I am assuming both engines are neutral balance-no weights on either converter.
Mike
Sweet so I have a project 318 and a torque converter + flex plate that will work!!! Thank you Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back