• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torque Specs for Magnums and Steelies

kev5696

Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, I've done searches, but can't seem to find this info. Does anybody have the torque specs for Magnum 500's(road wheels) and 15" steelies for a '68 Road Runner? Thanks!

I just put on a set of tires on my stock magnum 500... His book had them at 100lbs. ..I thought it was a little high so we did it at 85...

I did mine until my elbow clicked, but I really need to get a torque wrench on them. Only drove it a few miles, so I'll check it out tomorrow.

I only could torque one side ....Had left /right hand threads.....Torque wrench only goes one way.....

Mines the same, didn't think about that! rightie loosie leftie tightie (left side!) Thanks for the reminder!

I only could torque one side ....Had left /right hand threads.....Torque wrench only goes one way.....

You guys need this ratchet that goes on breaker bars and torque wrenches. I use mine all the time because it ratchets both ways.

Attachments

• ratchet.jpg
    ratchet.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 218
i think factory spec for 1/2"-20 studs is 65lbft. over tightening a fastner is a no no.

Auto Transport Service
Back