• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion bar hex keys rubbing?

Bars measure .900 so they are the correct ones. I did see that the upper a arms are nearly against the bump stops with the suspension loaded.

I will look them over and report back
Thanks

Didn't read all the replies but it shouldn't matter how wasted the bars are, nothing should be rubbing against the adjusters. I've run plenty of cars with the front end way up to cars on the ground and nothing should be touching the adjusters all through the suspension travel no matter if the stops are gone.....

Last edited:
The only explanation I can think of would be that the lower control arm bushings are completely shot allowing enough play to allow the keys to rub.

Have you checked to make sure the bars are actually installed on the correct side of the car? Left is not on right and vice versa?

Have you checked to make sure the bars are actually installed on the correct side of the car? Left is not on right and vice versa?
Except for the bars being on the wrong side, the adjusters still shouldn't be hitting the frame....

Didn't read all the replies but it shouldn't matter how wasted the bars are, nothing should be rubbing against the adjusters. I've run plenty of cars with the front end way up to cars on the ground and nothing should be touching the adjusters all through the suspension travel no matter if the stops are gone.....
Beekeepers has photos attached at beginning of thread. I have never seen this before Cranky.

maybe the bars are not clocked correctly in the lower control arms?

Auto Transport Service
Back