• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

torsion bar installation

Did you happen to be working there in Dec of 2017? :)

69' to 79' West Pointe was the dealer's name in Sylvania Ohio. In traveling I have seen other Chrysler dealers with that name even Noth and East in the title must have been a corporate idea.

69' to 79' West Pointe was the dealer's name in Sylvania Ohio. In traveling I have seen other Chrysler dealers with that name even Noth and East in the title must have been a corporate idea.

I was just wondering because this thread was posted back in 2017. :D

Speaking about Ohio dealerships, I was going through some of my collection and saw this one. Cards they used to mail out. This one is from Spitzer's. Ever heard of them?

20201211_161804.jpg

20201211_161831.jpg

Spitzer must have sold a lot of cars as their script showed up even in Toledo.

Grease/antiseize on both ends. If ur not saving the old ones, visegrips clamped tight & hammer away. Also a couple days of soaking with penetrating oil before you start.

I just cut them and they practically fall out

Spitzer must have sold a lot of cars as their script showed up even in Toledo.
Im 20 min East of Cleveland. My first Charger was a '73 my uncle bought new for my aunts B day at Spitzer Dodge. I bought the car in '92-3ish

Lower control arms, at what position should they be when you slide the torsion bars in?

All the way down with the upper bump stop removed.. and of course the adjusting arm positioned to be sitting just inside the arm..
beerestoration2018 030.JPG
beerestoration2018 033.JPG

Yes, upper control arm attached, bump stop NOT installed. You'll know you're in the right orientation as one hex is a 60 degree change. In the picture you can see approximately where the adjuster lever is positioned in the LCA.

REMEMBER.. bars are left and right. Even part number is the passenger side.

Auto Transport Service
Back