• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tractor Pull Weights on a Race Car?

1695136707152.png

1695136719462.png

I know this sounds a little sassy, but I drove an F100 for a year or two. It was very light in the rear.
In the winter I BOLTED a couple of big chunks of steel in the bed to help with traction.

A 30 pound bag of cat litter, or salt was the preferred additional weight over the drive wheels for cars when I was growing up in OH.
If the weight failed to give the needed tractive effort, some of the contents could be sprinkled in front of and in back of the rear wheels to create more grip.

Or, sandbags. As in, sand bagging.

A 30 pound bag of cat litter, or salt was the preferred additional weight over the drive wheels for cars when I was growing up in OH.
If the weight failed to give the needed tractive effort, some of the contents could be sprinkled in front of and in back of the rear wheels to create more grip.
I've done the kitty litter when stuck in mud and it got me out. Also helped a dump truck driver when he brought me some fill dirt before I built my shop. Told him it was 'soft' towards the back and that's exactly where he went lol Had to go pick up a couple of bags of floor dry but only had to use one. Used to see cement trucks that had a bag or two on the truck....

My buddy runs 550 lbs in the rear bolted down in the hatch are of an Iroc Camaro. I know a few others with lead shot filled rear wings on their cars also running in No Prep or PYOP.

A guy was using steel shot bags for weight in the trunk at Ozark Raceway Park. The bag busted and littered the starting line prep with all the shot! They had to cancel the event and scrape the track.

I frankly expected this to be about weights hung on the front of a drag car. I saw a sb/nitrous chevette at drag week2023 with similar weight on the front bumper, to cut down/control wheelstands.

To think of all the time some spend on weight reduction. Weigh this, replace that with something lighter.
I use to run with the tool chest strapped in the trunk just behind the wheels.
No one was asking, can we examine your trunk.

Auto Transport Service
Back