• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission Cross Members

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
I'm working on my '63 Dodge 330 resto, and replacing the /6, auto, with a 440, and a slip yoke '65 727 transmission. Are the transmission cross members and mounts different for the two assemblies, or is it just the mount ? I'll need to start looking for parts if they are in fact different. While on this subject, does the same scenario apply for the '65 Coronets also ? Thanks for any, and all input on this...

I built my own, using the later model spool type mount. Urethane inserts are available for these, so it is a
IMG_1591.JPG
IMG_1594.JPG
superior mount.
Mike

My 65 we re-used the slant X member. Schumacher 62-65 conversion mount. Or if you are good with a welder you can modify to make a later one work. Did it on my 64. Low buck.
493 Mike's idea is outstanding !!!!

IMG_1896.jpg

My 65 we re-used the slant X member. Schumacher 62-65 conversion mount. Or if you are good with a welder you can modify to make a later one work. Did it on my 64. Low buck.
493 Mike's idea is outstanding !!!!

View attachment 658528
Darter, I did mine using the original crossmember in my '65 Coronet. Had to modify the pocket, drill a single hole and used a late model mount. A friend who has been working on Mopar's for 40 years helped.
Bob :moparsmiley:

Yeah, that's the same as we did in the photo. If there is a will there is a way !

Auto Transport Service
Back