• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission yoke

RSZ28

Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
How many splines are there in a 1965 727 transmission yoke? I'm missing the yoke from mine. I know that the converter side has 11 splines. Thanks

I believe from 65 on they were all 30 spline but called 29 on 30 since one spline is left out of the yoke for lubrication.

Be careful in shopping for a new yoke. I'm trying to find one for my 67 GTX and ordered an Inland one from Summit. It didn't fit. I could start it on the shaft and wiggle and tap it on a ways but obviously it was not right and I wasn't going to risk getting it stuck on there. Through some Googling I found a reference to Chrysler output shaft spline machining changing when the A518 transmission came out around 90/92. Apparently they are machining a bunch of replacement yokes for newer transmissions and trying to sell them for older Torqueflites since they both have a 29 on 30 spline count. But they don't fit the earlier machining and won't go on.

Auto Transport Service
Back