• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tri power carbs on 440 six barrel?

@POMONAMISSEL , i can't find much reliable info on those carbs, but i suspect bg rated them the same way a four barrel would be rated. Otherwise they would be so small nobody would want them, especially at their price point.
The only way to be sure would be to measure the venturi diameter, and the throttle blade size and calculate/compare area to a known four barrel.

i just bought a barry grant six shooter setup for my driver 383 , these carbs are only 250 cfm each . should offer up good fuel mileage and good throttle response . its for my wifes cool driver . it will go into her 65 bel rag i bought her . she doesn't know about the buy . plan on surprising her with it . i've been hinting around about color and car nick names . but i have so much stuff going on . i still think it will be a surprise . what do you guys think , anyone used them ?

View attachment 976225 View attachment 976226 View attachment 976228 View attachment 976229
How do I get that fuel log!!!

it was part of the barry grant setup stuff .
DSC02026.JPG

I was...was really excited when I was doing deep dives on "6 pak" research a couple of years ago and as an ongoing exercise, when I found the Demon/Barry Grant setups...
THEN
I found out how much LESS, a LOT LESS air and fuel they flowed vs the factory Holley 2bbl carbs. They are on a par with the Pontiac Tripower Rochester 2bbl carbs though, at around 790 total CFM.
There are actually a lot of adapter plates sold to convert the Pontiac or Chevy Tripower intakes from 3 'Chesters to 3 Holley 2bbl carbs!
If it was up to me and I wanted to go EFI on our (her) 421 in the GTO, the FiTech 3x2 EFI system would be ideal but I'd need the adapter plates. I just spent about $700 on having the Rochesters professionally and expertly extensively modified to run properly with the performance enhancement upgrades we've made to the 421, and so far, so good.
If they ever let me down and there's no "fixing" them by tuning on my end, I've reached the end of the rope with the 'Chesters and my wife screaming at me through her cell phone or in person about the carburetors and problems. Unfortunately she demands that if we go EFI, she has to have the $8K (all in, new fuel lines, pump, computer, etc) Rochester look alike EFI 3x2 system. Now I have to admit, it's beautiful, and works great, and really does look like Rochesters, but damn! From 3k to 8k is one heck of a premium!

Auto Transport Service
Back