• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trick Flow 240 vs Stealth heads

I am in the same boat looking at getting the stealth heads but after shipping to PR heads and back to me then the work on the stealths and changing of parts in them the price difference is minimal. The 240’s come with better quality parts in them and like you said have more potential if you ever want to go bigger cam. I wonder how they would work with the HP ex manifolds? Do you feel like the heads are made to a higher quality ( casting,tapped holes etc)
Dwayne will tell you to pony up the extra $ for the TF's up front because they are a much better head.

One thing I would like to say in order to possibly help out my fellow Mopar enthusiasts, Possibly someone can benefit and I hope you do, Performance with the TF240 heads picked up when I smoothened out the ribs from the cnc porting, the sf600 was steady as a rock after doing that, flow picked up by about 5cfm. Prior to the turbulence was quit a bit and all over the place. I seen debates on this and theory might say otherwise. In practice it's different. great Builders such as Dwayne, Bruce Toth, Larry Smith, IQ for example that port heads don't put ribs back, Pro Stock. Super Stock Pro mods etc.. do not have these. They are there due to keeping costs down to deliver product to end user Yes I roughed up the intake side and polished the exhaust. It helped enough to mention. Hope it helps y'all out.

My heads flow 354 at .600 , cnc standard port victor knock offs , with the tool marks taken out .
I think he`ll like the trick flows , If I had it to do over again , I`d go with the 270 trick flows myself...

I've got victor maxwedges. There was no such thing as TF Mopar heads when I bought em. If I could start over today, 270 TF's would be a no brainer......

What could you tell going from 2.5 to 3"
Nothing yet, don't have the motor in my hands or back in the car. I put the 3" in right before I pulled the motor last fall, so didn't drive it. I went to 3 because I wanted to run something a bit quieter than the 2.5 ultraflows that were on the car. So I bought the full 3" with standard super turbos. I have that exact setup on my Bee and it is a tad mellower than the 2.5 ultra flow system. I doubt there is much of a power difference between the 2.

I think if the motor had a higher compression ratio than 9.7:1 and a bigger cam, the results would have been more dramatic. These Trick Flows leave a lot of room for upgrades if a guy is so inclined. They are definitely not utilizing their full potential.
Hunt, what cam did you use? I think I saw on engine masters they had a 30-40hp difference between the 240s & stealths?

Hunt, what cam did you use? I think I saw on engine masters they had a 30-40hp difference between the 240s & stealths?
From post #5
20221001_182847-jpg.jpg

I'd say your 451 is pretty good. My 440 has 9.9:1 solid roller 238/242 600 lift with the 1.6 HS rockers. 6bbl, it made about 550 tq & 590hp

Auto Transport Service
Back