• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trick Flow 240 vs Stealth heads

I know I have a small Pe%!$
1 huh 1.gif

So is all of this talk for "racing", "dyno shootouts", or just street driving. My truck has 35's, my jet boat has a turbo, I know I have a small Pe%!$
I was merely having fun in the conversation, glad you can chime in LOL I'm racing Dyno's, cars and everything that comes my way, And loving it.
Seriously we are comparing notes with each other and seeing ways to improve

Just talked to 440 Source. They do have plenty of 240 and 270 heads on the shelf.

I just looked on 440source’s webpage, It looks like Trick Flow prices went up by $200-$250 per head.
What hasn't?
The more that prices go up on TF, the more inclined I am to settle for the maxwedge Victor's I've already got......
Anybody on the west coast with a good cnc program for em?

@Skey, why are you dishing out the big red "X" when a guy is asking a simple question?

Say a guy has a 451 that dyno's 530 hp and 535 ft.lbs. with ootb 440 Source Stealth heads that are advertised as flowing 260 cfm. If the only change is installing a set of ootb Trick Flow 240's and longer pushrods, what can be expected for a performance gain since the TF's are advertised as flowing 330 cfm?
@Skey, why are you dishing out the big red "X" when a guy is asking a simple question?
I probably bumped it by accident!

440 Source is the only place I could find who had them in stock. Ordered them 10 days or so ago and got them a few days later. They had 42 left in stock after selling me a set.
So are your Stealth heads looking for a new home?

So are your Stealth heads looking for a new home?
Yes, they will be. I have the motor at a shop north of the Twin Cities getting a rear main seal repair done now. They are taking the motor apart to check everything over and install the Trick Flows. When I get everything back from them, I will be selling the Stealths.

Any progress? Are you going to run the 1.6 HS rockers?

Just got the answer to my original question regarding leaving everything else alone and just replacing ootb Stealth heads with ootb Trick Flow 240's. Picked up 29 hp and 10 ft. lbs. 558 hp and 553 ft lbs. I'm happy with that on a 451 and a small hydraulic flat tappet cam.

Just got the answer to my original question regarding leaving everything else alone and just replacing ootb Stealth heads with ootb Trick Flow 240's. Picked up 29 hp and 10 ft. lbs. 558 hp and 553 ft lbs. I'm happy with that on a 451 and a small hydraulic flat tappet cam.
That's terrific Awesome results

What rockers did you end up using?

I'm kinda surprised it isn't more. I would have guessed 40hp. I guess the stealth ate better than I thought.
By the way, congrats! Nice numbers!

I'm kinda surprised it isn't more. I would have guessed 40hp. I guess the stealth ate better than I thought.
By the way, congrats! Nice numbers!
I think if the motor had a higher compression ratio than 9.7:1 and a bigger cam, the results would have been more dramatic. These Trick Flows leave a lot of room for upgrades if a guy is so inclined. They are definitely not utilizing their full potential.

I am in the same boat looking at getting the stealth heads but after shipping to PR heads and back to me then the work on the stealths and changing of parts in them the price difference is minimal. The 240’s come with better quality parts in them and like you said have more potential if you ever want to go bigger cam. I wonder how they would work with the HP ex manifolds? Do you feel like the heads are made to a higher quality ( casting,tapped holes etc)

Auto Transport Service
Back