• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Triple Black Bee

Hi, Very Nice . I'm here in Ga I know this superbee & the guys who had it up in Douglasville. Actually, I tried to buy it but good old John wouldn't accept my offer....You have yourself a neat one with the color 4spd & buckets Congrats........
I may have overpaid a bit. But I was looking specifically for a Bee, and this one was too cool to pass up. I'm pretty darn impressed my John's work. We talked briefly about him doing the body on it. Later. Much later. Order one is to get it running and driving and enjoy it. Then I plan on having the body done in sections over a number of winters until I can call it "done".:laughing4:(Like it will ever be 'done'. Are any?)

Congrats
Great car, one of my favorites.

I may have overpaid a bit. But I was looking specifically for a Bee, and this one was too cool to pass up. I'm pretty darn impressed my John's work. We talked briefly about him doing the body on it. Later. Much later. Order one is to get it running and driving and enjoy it. Then I plan on having the body done in sections over a number of winters until I can call it "done".:laughing4:(Like it will ever be 'done'. Are any?)

I don't think they ever "get done" Ongoing with something always, but fun!

Nice car OhioMopar! Love it, I've never seen rust in those areas on a B Body before! Man, that sucks! lol.

Yeah, it was a car I had seen maybe 25 30 years ago....owner never wanted to sell ( I bugged him a few times ) then forward to present the Superbee shows up in Douglasville, still with the owner...still not a seller however, John's crew kept up the pressure till he caved in...John kept it maybe 2 months immediately wanting to sell...as I remember the car never had the engine in it even back as far as 1983. John does great work hes been at it since maybe '84. Hundreds of Mopars. Well, just add an engine and you'll be all set. Once again Congrats on the score !!!! I'm subscribed to thread so keep it coming I enjoy seeing it.....Thanks

Yeah, it was a car I had seen maybe 25 30 years ago....owner never wanted to sell ( I bugged him a few times ) then forward to present the Superbee shows up in Douglasville, still with the owner...still not a seller however, John's crew kept up the pressure till he caved in...John kept it maybe 2 months immediately wanting to sell...as I remember the car never had the engine in it even back as far as 1983. John does great work hes been at it since maybe '84. Hundreds of Mopars. Well, just add an engine and you'll be all set. Once again Congrats on the score !!!! I'm subscribed to thread so keep it coming I enjoy seeing it.....Thanks
The licence plate is from 1976. I like to think it hasn't run since I've been alive. That way it was meant for me to put it back on the road! Lol. I did find an insurance card from '77 or '78, though.
A friend of John's told me he had it and I called him about it in early December. First time I could get off work to go look was the first weekend of January and I made haste to get there! I was really impressed with the work john was doing on some high dollar cars. Super nice guy, too. I couldn't be happier. Well, unless he gave it to me for a ride in my new Challenger! Haha!

Hey man, How about showing us your new Challenger!! Love to get a looksie!

It's just your average stripper Challenger R/T. Just the way I like it! Cloth interior, small wheels(I'm gonna change them anyway), no navigation, the right amount of pedals. 13.78 @102 dead stock. Fun car!
Drove it to Georgia the first weekend in January to look at the Bee. Averaged 25 mpg(Kentucky and Tennessee if I wasn't running 80-85 I was in the way) and it gets no worse than 19 being a DD. Best I've don't commuting is 22. Does okay in the snow because the tires are almost to the tread bars.
Not really going to do too much to it. I bought a Predator tuner(Diablosport)for me for Christmas, I'll get a colder thermostat and a drop in filter before too long. Probably also pick up a set of street slicks and see how close I can get to the 12's after I take the tune out. Then I will put it back in and see if it helps any. Haven't been able to really tell in the 'seat of the pants dyno'. I put it in in mid December. I'll do the filter after the tune/slick combo is run, then add the t-stat last. If it stays(Bee on the road it may get traded in on a newer Ram 3/4 ton) I will do a CAI, ported throttle body, log tube headers, high flow cats, and a Pypes Violator exhaust. Also needs dropped a little and I picked out the wheels for it.
BUT, it is running, driving, and being enjoyed, so I'm not messing with it until I get something old, loud, and less refined on the road!
Wow, I bet you didn't expect a novel!

Attachments

• IMAG0091.jpg
    IMAG0091.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 406
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 391
  • IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 408
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 406
  • IMAG0075.jpg
    IMAG0075.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 420
Thanks man! Sounds like a nice ride, Sure looks the part! I think these are the only car i would consider if i could get a brand new one, I love the looks, Id love to see what some different wheels would look on one. The Key stone classics, Torque thrusts, I may be wrong if i seen the look but.. Enjoy that good looking machine you have there!

Awesome Bee. I like the options. Also dig the Challenger. I was looking at getting an R/T classic. But then I wont afford to bu parts for my old timers (70-72). Awe maybe some day.... Will be glad to see the progress you make on the beast.

Well, progress ground to a halt this week. Picked up a flying piece of steel in the gas tank of the Challenger. Of course I was nearly empty when I got 'skewered' by it. I found the hole when the gas started covering the ground underneath me. It's now at the shop so the insurance company can try to find some used junk to put in my car. :angryfire:
I was on my way to the garage with a trunk full of Bee brake parts when the $4 a gallon premium started looking like a yellow waterfall out the tank. So once I get the car back and recover from the deductible I will get back to work on the Bee. Hope to install the parts I do have Saturday night. Looks like I may get a rare day off.

I guess I really need to update this. Been a while. I found a '69 383. It was fresh out of a race car and ran 11.93 in a much lighter Duster.
20130420_122355_zps16a97c3b.jpg

20130420_123042_zps1e14a9cf.jpg

Freshly stripped.
20130722_215252_zps75543132.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Looking better.
20130724_201044_zps63464abd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A little bling.
20130726_221412_zps700fc59e.jpg

Nice car, looks to be in pretty good shape and should make for a fun project. Maybe I'll get to see it someday seeing how I make it to Columbus from time to time (2 hrs). Sweet Challenger too "Enjoy".

Nice car, looks to be in pretty good shape and should make for a fun project. Maybe I'll get to see it someday seeing how I make it to Columbus from time to time (2 hrs). Sweet Challenger too "Enjoy".
Well, look me up if you get this way. I'll be headed to the swap meet in February.
The Challenger got traded in on a truck, an '06 1500. Couldn't haul enough Bee parts in the car. It will be replaced in the next 12 months, though.

- - - Updated - - -

should move the Bee pretty good!
I know it sounds good and I'm ready to start tuning. The weather isn't, though. :angryfire:

I know what you mean!itching to get mine out.

SA-Weeeet.

Awesome build options.

Was it a "sold" car?

I got friends in the Westerville/Worthington area.

SA-Weeeet.

Awesome build options.

Was it a "sold" car?

I got friends in the Westerville/Worthington area.
That's a good question. I don't know how to answer it. Is it on the build sheet?
I just moved from Westerville in October.

Well, look me up if you get this way. I'll be headed to the swap meet in February.
The Challenger got traded in on a truck, an '06 1500. Couldn't haul enough Bee parts in the car. It will be replaced in the next 12 months, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it sounds good and I'm ready to start tuning. The weather isn't, though. :angryfire:

Which swap meat is that? I've been trying to find out when the big swap was down there was "I thought it was a Chrysler Classic Event".

Auto Transport Service
Back