• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

True Serpentine belt install on a BB mopar

whats wrong with the flow kooler pump? ive not personally tried one, but a few guys who bought kits did and said they worked. what issues are you running into? sorry for butting in, but want to constantly be on top of improving our kits for everyones benefit.
No fluid movement. Worked with a single belt driven off the crank.. Running an Older Mopar Performance Housing, I put a mechanical gauge on the right side of the engine and it sopped reading as well after installing the serpentine belt.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this thread..

Last edited:
please post a pic of the flow kooler impeller when you get a chance. these are supposed to have straight vanes and should work with the reverse rotation of the pump in this kit.

I have something else I want to try before I condemn the pump.. I want to check the thermostat..

I have something else I want to try before I condemn the pump.. I want to check the thermostat..
If you have any doubts go back and look at the one I used, runs 185 degrees all day long even in traffic. Good luck

please post a pic of the flow kooler impeller when you get a chance. these are supposed to have straight vanes and should work with the reverse rotation of the pump in this kit.
Thanks for keeping in touch, great to see you guys looking out for improvements. As of now I can't say I have much to complain about, working great. One thing that would be nice is if there was someone we could go to for a power steering pump hose? I spliced mine with a compression fitting but will eventually get off my butt and come up with something better.

Thanks for keeping in touch, great to see you guys looking out for improvements. As of now I can't say I have much to complain about, working great. One thing that would be nice is if there was someone we could go to for a power steering pump hose? I spliced mine with a compression fitting but will eventually get off my butt and come up with something better.
If we had someone that could make a tube that bent around the inside of the Reservoir that would be great.. I had Bergman Auto Craft send me fittings and hose to make a hose to my Borgensen Box..

we sell a stainless braided high pressure power steering hose kit. it comes with 2 90 degree end fittings for the hose and the pump fitting and gear box fitting. $90.00

I have a Jeep hose that is perfect, but to tall for the mounts to got behind the the pump.. And the high pressure hose isn't flexible enough.

I'll get some pictures today.

we sell a stainless braided high pressure power steering hose kit. it comes with 2 90 degree end fittings for the hose and the pump fitting and gear box fitting. $90.00
Sweet, got any pictures?

mNErF90rxDq2uRgm5_LxkLmbIGLL6FuV2zN59nkLzb3VEczBmLbrr73uDegHOEVIR58GNBnEEbAMXYSYZug=w703-h937-no.jpg

501w3X7Ex4XQVXcXshfaZxgikDKVfAkWsf4IvqpnfJT8RmaaktozaQcNlwsu8qIpvho6A4N240DZ__uxnXw=w703-h937-no.jpg

OgKQ6OlTVSzrGdSDZO0RuduVj6mL9gpFzSbYSVCb0uayQdeurfLeAa3a5yPcS76MhlYXBomZ2y2dR7rMIA=w1250-h937-no.jpg

HsMk7K3DLR0guMDBt6c8ogjBjMC05xA9avvVgzAxxk0i_ZGyiVcj70-2SGAKzh5r2LbtnIbSHG_WZPhPNQ=w1250-h937-no.jpg

So I removed the thermostat and system seems to flow coolant fine now.. Need a spacer that keeps the thermostat in the pump housing. Got a new gauge to try and parts in bound.

Kind of thinking going to an Electric water pump.. Just a thought. Might not have enough belt on the crank then..

we've done an ultra low mount with ac and an electric water pump. pic is on our facebook page. we could probably also modify this setup to work with an electric water pump. feel free to call and pick our brains.

we've done an ultra low mount with ac and an electric water pump. pic is on our facebook page. we could probably also modify this setup to work with an electric water pump. feel free to call and pick our brains.

Jerry, what is the facebook name they are posted under?

Found a 7PK2080 Gates belt in England for a Land Rover.. Perfect Fit..

superior design concepts
I have always held your girdle set in the highest regard, above all others.
You told me about the serpentine system last time we talked on the phone.
I absolutely will have the full cap and girdle set when I finally build my stroker motor, and that is probably a good time to go serpentine too.
Thanks for the great products you make for the MOPAR nation!

Auto Transport Service
Back