• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TRUNK LID TORSION SPRINGS

c.moo

Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
Is their anybody out there with photos or video of taking and putting back on trunk lid torsion springs ? Google it but no detail ,even on here not much info . Manual not much help. Thanks

Read that thread , seem like somebody somewhere has figure it out without losing any limbs . Found on internet pics and videos of all model of cars about this but not mopar ?

Read that thread , seem like somebody somewhere has figure it out without losing any limbs . Found on internet pics and videos of all model of cars about this but not mopar ?

I wish i had done one, i would document how its done. If anything ill give your thread a bump.

Good luck!

Makes me break out in a cold sweat. Yrs ago, I would’ve had at it with no qualms. Now,, lots of thinking beforehand.

If you don’t want to mess with the torsion springs, use gas struts.

Is their anybody out there with photos or video of taking and putting back on trunk lid torsion springs ? Google it but no detail ,even on here not much info . Manual not much help. Thanks
If you think the trunk spring is bad guess you'll never want to tackle the hood springs or worse yet the spring on the clutch pedal. It's not all that bad, use common sense, keep your fingers clear, get a pry car and pry it in place. If you're worried about the paint then wrap the pry bar in electrical tape. A tip for you. The holes in the body are elongated, figure about where in the hole the torsion rod will end up, when you put your pry bar in the hole just don't place it where the rod will end up. I know that seems simple but that's where people have the problem. They pry up and try to slide the rod in place and the pry bar is there.

I like to take cars to chevy loving mechanics and watch them dirty bastards get what they got coming to them for screwing up our society.... Oh wait thats the democrats, sorry false alarm

I like to take cars to chevy loving mechanics and watch them dirty bastards get what they got coming to them for screwing up our society.... Oh wait thats the democrats, sorry false alarm[/QUOTE
:usflag:

C.moo, did you figure out how to put your trunk lid springs on without knocking one or more of your fingers off ?? I just added one more hole of tension to my 64, took about ten minutes to do, once a procedure is establested it goes pretty quick. I use a 16 inch round pry bar and a 500 lb come along from mcmaster-carr. the come along will fit in one hand chain and all!! hook to the latch loop in the center of the trunk and run the other end to the torison bar loop, then use the come along to bring it to where you can get it started in the hole with the little pry bar. ease off the comealong and guide it in. Dave.

C.moo, did you figure out how to put your trunk lid springs on without knocking one or more of your fingers off ?? I just added one more hole of tension to my 64, took about ten minutes to do, once a procedure is establested it goes pretty quick. I use a 16 inch round pry bar and a 500 lb come along from mcmaster-carr. the come along will fit in one hand chain and all!! hook to the latch loop in the center of the trunk and run the other end to the torison bar loop, then use the come along to bring it to where you can get it started in the hole with the little pry bar. ease off the comealong and guide it in. Dave.
After a couple smashed fingers, I searched and found this post. Worked out great for me! 20230212_153530.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back