• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to troubleshoot my fuel gauge problem.

The reading I get is 66.4 the sender is in the tank The tank is almost full.
What it should read empty! 70 or so is empty, 10 or so is full. The fuel gauge is simply a volt meter when it comes right down to it. So more resistance = a lower reading. Sounds like your float sunk, but there is still an issue somewhere if your gauge reads full when the sender is not connected....

The voltage limiter is the original thats all I know
Need to switch out to the IVR3 so you do not fry your fuel gauge.
16739158904891686859444814278283-jpg.jpg

Visit my page Todds Restorations This is what I specialize in. Very common when the nichrome wire wrapped around the bimetallic metal strip becomes old and Frey's causing a 5v internal short. The needle will read full all the time. However if left that way with power to the cluster it will burn and bend the bimetallic strip beyond repair. Meaning the gauge is cooked. The charger cluster is different then another B body cluster for a number of reasons and diagnosing it can and is tricky to do it correct. I also have posted pics on this site many times of these gauges during the restoration process, clocks, clusters, power packs, ect. See posts and pics. Todds Restorations is on Facebook. Or contact me directly for assistance. Todds Restorations Todd

Todd and red beard helped me with my fuel problems and other problems I would listen to there advice. Great guys that help FREE of charge to a extent.

Auto Transport Service
Back