• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI alignment issues

I have the 3 inch on a 65 B body. I had to install front to back and did it single handed. It fit like a glove. Doing it from the rear was impossible. But keep everything loose until its all aligned. I also suggest you don't use their clamps. Use the type that summit sells that don't deform the pipe. If will make pulling the system apart a lot easier.
Lesson learned on using their clamps‍♂️

I started these from the front to the back and they worked out great. I didn’t use the clamps i used the sleeve type clamps.
B8506DBA-4978-48AC-8E23-F9D6F8D2E1EA.jpeg
85006E73-604C-41BA-9268-4D3AD58AA998.jpeg
2724F7A9-A7A0-4373-ADE9-9893F4B2CF5B.jpeg

Stock hipo manifolds with down pipes. Started from front no matter what we tried didn't go. Used those stainless band clamps also. And a pinch of antisieze

I'm having some fitment issues as well and even after a call to TTI along with getting my builder involved, I'm still waiting to either get some dimensions of the headers as they are supposed to be so we can compare or word on whether or not they will send another right side header. Basically the right header is sitting about 1 1/2" lower than the left side, which not only reduces the ground clearance but also is twisting the entire TTI exhaust that I also purchase. My builder showed them measurements that engine is level, car is sitting level, and distance from bottom of header to the floor is off. Already made sure extension reducers from 3" to 2.5" for exhaust is clocked correctly and this is what you see..... Any other ideas?

This is going into a 68 Charger with a newly built 400/470 stroker, TKX 5 Speed, Trick Flow 240 heads, upgraded stock type suspension, and of course new motor mounts. The headers clear everything, but obviously the fitment is way out. They are ceramic coated so I don't want to have to cut and weld.

IMG_5369.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5374.jpg

I had a problem with my drivers side collector being too high and not allowing enough clearance under the trans crossmember. I spoke with TTI and they told me to put a large pipe,bar, whatever into the header and "hang on it untill it's where you want it". Not the advice i thought i would get from them but 5 minutes later i was bolting up my exhaust. I know we pay a ton for them but truth is that their only thin wall pipes that will bend pretty easy.

I'm having some fitment issues as well and even after a call to TTI along with getting my builder involved, I'm still waiting to either get some dimensions of the headers as they are supposed to be so we can compare or word on whether or not they will send another right side header. Basically the right header is sitting about 1 1/2" lower than the left side, which not only reduces the ground clearance but also is twisting the entire TTI exhaust that I also purchase. My builder showed them measurements that engine is level, car is sitting level, and distance from bottom of header to the floor is off. Already made sure extension reducers from 3" to 2.5" for exhaust is clocked correctly and this is what you see..... Any other ideas?

This is going into a 68 Charger with a newly built 400/470 stroker, TKX 5 Speed, Trick Flow 240 heads, upgraded stock type suspension, and of course new motor mounts. The headers clear everything, but obviously the fitment is way out. They are ceramic coated so I don't want to have to cut and weld.

View attachment 1330328

View attachment 1330329

View attachment 1330330
Pad a block of wood and jack them up and see if it helps. Most likely will have to jack until they touch. Wont hurt a thing.

Pad a block of wood and jack them up and see if it helps. Most likely will have to jack until they touch. Wont hurt a thing.
Problem is I would still lose some ground clearance and it would possibly mean the angle of the header would be pointed upwards.

On my other post someone suggested I might have received an "RB" block right side, instead of for my low block "B" motor. That might make some sense, so if we can get some actual measurements of what it is supposed to be we could verify. Thanks for the help!

I have the 3 inch on a 65 B body. I had to install front to back and did it single handed. It fit like a glove. Doing it from the rear was impossible. But keep everything loose until its all aligned. I also suggest you don't use their clamps. Use the type that summit sells that don't deform the pipe. If will make pulling the system apart a lot easier.
Do you have a link for the style clamps your talking about? I've got numerous little leaks and I don't want to crush or deform the pipes. With all these issues with the TTi headers and even the exhaust clamps, I'm not sure why I payed the premium for their parts......

View attachment 1330328

View attachment 1330329

View attachment 1330330
Pay close attention to you passenger side idler arm. 70 Charger here with 240 TF heads and a T-56 Magnum. No problems anywhere but had to put a big ding on the passenger side where the idler arm is at. If it’s close but not hitting you might as well get the ball pen out.

Pay close attention to you passenger side idler arm. 70 Charger here with 240 TF heads and a T-56 Magnum. No problems anywhere but had to put a big ding on the passenger side where the idler arm is at. If it’s close but not hitting you might as well get the ball pen out.
Picked up the car earlier this week and it looks like they had to slightly clearance for the idler arm. thx

Auto Transport Service
Back