• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Header

Miccara

Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
Broke down and ordered TTI headers today for my '69 RR.
$1,400. Canadian.
Tired of struggling with other crap that just does not fit. Hope these are as good as they say!

$1,400. Canadian.
Tired of struggling with other crap that just does not fit. Hope these are as good as they say!
They Never have disappointed me . Never a problem. Worth it.

Don't forget new motor and tranny mounts while you are in there.Unless yours are new.
Helps allot for a perfect fit.

$1,400. Canadian.

Did you check with Tim Banning at FHO? I found him to be the cheapest of the Canadian dealers.

I found fitting them in my small block A body a little bit of a pin but pretty good in the way the fit and sit in the cars engine bay. I did have to give a tube a small dent at the manual steering boxes to inside corner. Not a big deal at all. The #7 slip on around the T-bar was tricky and a little hard. Once everything was in, I now have an idea how things work and slide in. The next time, it’ll be a snap.

Oh! I also ordered there 2-1/2 X pipe exhaust. Start at the rear, work forward. The pipes that connect the mufflers to the X pipe needed to be shortened. The exhaust systems they make are probably all the same between the headers and mufflers with tail pipes being for the body line.

If your going to wonder what I think or feel, then I’ll say it like this.

“I look forward to purchasing and installing more of there exhaust systems. In full or part but suggest in full.”

3FEE168C-0E80-4909-B650-0166F2C49321.jpeg
They look the part, hoping install goes smoothly for what I paid. 2” ceramic coated, thermal coating inside.

Don't forget new motor and tranny mounts while you are in there.Unless yours are new.
Helps allot for a perfect fit.

good point-this is super important. buddy of mine put the big stepped versions in a 63 plymouth and the clearance was super tight but they made it. i could see how worn out mounts would push it over the edge.

$1,400. Canadian.

man do we ever get hosed as canadians eh?! that conversion is brutal right now.

They are nice...they're still headers though..don't expect it to be too easy. Mine needed only one small dimple over the steering link, the hookers I had previously weren't really harder to install, they just fit like crap and needed lotsa beatin'..

Years ago I had a conversation with Tom Hoover.I asked about manufacturing tolerances. His reply "OH + or - about 2'' I believe". I know he was joking but, he wasn't too far off when it comes to Ma Mopar .

I wouldn't use anything else but tti. I have a set of 2" headers with 3" pipes on my 65 coronet. the fit and ease of installation sold me, and I did use new motor mount and trans isolators. I have the 2.5" exhaust on my 69 r/t using stock cast manifolds; easy install.

Wow was $1400 for just the headers ? I love my TTI exh as I have their 2" headers and their complete exh 3" system with the X-pipe out to the rear bumper. But I remember when I bought my headers in 2011 I paid $699 for them in the standard nickel coating. The rest of the system was around $550 without mufflers as I went with the Dyno-Max Ultra-Flow mufflers. Course this was in 2011 and I live in the USA. And I love the system as it fit like a glove and was so easy to install as I did it by myself in my driveway. Ron

412821168.jpg

$1000 to my door ten years ago. Bought direct. No deals, will use FBBO vendor next time.
Little ding will do ya on the passenger side idler. 100 degree cooler underhood temps than anyone else with these. It hurts to dig deep in the wallet, but worth it in the long run.

In both my B-body big block cars they fit nice. Both cars are close at the drivers side transmission cross member though. Just had to make sure the motor was pushed to the right as far as it will go. On my small block Duster there was a bit more hassle though. Had to modify my z-bar and dent #7 tube to clear the torsion bar. As mentioned above, make sure your motor mounts are new or close to it.

I wouldn't use anything else but tti. I have a set of 2" headers with 3" pipes on my 65 coronet. the fit and ease of installation sold me, and I did use new motor mount and trans isolators. I have the 2.5" exhaust on my 69 r/t using stock cast manifolds; easy install.
low deck or tall deck?

Just don't use the cheap hardware and gaskets you'll get with them. I couldn't believe they send such cheap crap with a 1000 dollar header. I went with remflex gaskets and stainless hardware. Header gasket blew out and cooked the nice polished coating to a full grey in a small area... kinda pissy about that!

TTI headers don’t fit a low deck A body worth a ****, 800 bucks just circled the drain.

Auto Transport Service
Back