• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Headers - What Starter?

gtxtc

Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of 2" TTI headers for my 70 GTX and they are saying that I have to run a starter from RobbMC Perf. Do I have to run that starter or will any other mini starter work with the headers?

I used a nice mini starter from mancini. works great!

quick tip: A factory starter from a 93 Dodge Dakota 318 will bolt right up to your big block...and it is dimensionally IDENTICAL to a mini starter and has tons of power to fire up just about anything. You can get them for like 65 bucks at any local parts store. I had a Pro Torque mini starter on my 383...it lasted a week before it crapped out on me and Summit refused to warranty it...$250 down the drain. Got the Dakota starter from Oreilly Auto Parts and it has performed flawlessly for me for over a year now. The only external difference is that the studs for the wires are in a different location.

Using stock starter with mine on the 67 Satellite with TTI 2" primary.

I use a Power Master mini starter with my 2" TTI's. Ron

If you have a 4 speed with the 143 tooth flywheel the only one that is supposed to fit is the Robbmc unit. I have a 143 and am going to use the 2-1/8 step headers and they say ONLY the Robbmc unit will fit

Got the $49 mini starter for my 440 with 2" TTI headers on the 69 Coronet R/T. Took off the plastic wire extension and fits with lots of room. Connect the wires before installing. You'll have to install the starter and the header at the same time. Remove the center link for more room if you're using jack stands like I did. Leave the bubble wrap on until the header is in place to keep from scratching the finish.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-CORONET-MINI-STARTER-1965-1976-/151002303892?

I used a nice mini starter from mancini. works great!

Same here. I'm running a Denso unit. No matter though...I have used 3 different starters and they all cleared fine. I also have the 2" TTI pipes in a 70 Charger.

Got the $49 mini starter for my 440 with 2" TTI headers on the 69 Coronet R/T. Took off the plastic wire extension and fits with lots of room. Connect the wires before installing. You'll have to install the starter and the header at the same time. Remove the center link for more room if you're using jack stands like I did. Leave the bubble wrap on until the header is in place to keep from scratching the finish.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-CORONET-MINI-STARTER-1965-1976-/151002303892?

Do you think it would work with the 2 1/8" tubes?

Auto Transport Service
Back