1. Steve009

Steve009 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    9:35 AM
    Fricken headers on b bodies! Nothing is consistent! I bought 1 3/4” Doug’s for my 64. Absolute nightmare. Other people say they fit great. I was planning on now using TTi because of the good reputation but after seeing some of the posts above I don’t even know what’s a good choice anymore. Seems like every brand has great stories and horror stories for the same engines in the same cars. I don’t get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • 65-440

65-440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      11:35 AM
      It is a shame, I'm kinda pissed about it but trying to be patient. I really like their stuff, great products...have 2 different cars with their headers on and zero fitment issues. But to me customer service is a big chunk of me being a customer. Maybe is should've bought the $500 black dougs headers and "massaged" to fit!
      I did reach out to them yesterday and spoke with a manager, got the usual short on staff story.. I wanted to make sure once the tailpipes were made none of my other stuff would all of a sudden not be available. They are now shipping out everything except the tailpipes, once those are completed they will ship separately on their dime. Manager was very nice and polite.

• Like Like x 1
      • jim94746

jim94746 Member

Local Time:
        6:35 AM
        I bought complete date code correct exhaust from ECS and it went in under 30 minutes and sound great. My tips came from either Classic Industries or Year One; I forget. Make sure order tip for size of exhaust sine the was more than one option. They also bolted right in place in stock mounts and look factory as factory can be. Lots info on youtube; https://ecs-automotive-concepts.myshopify.com/

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Bob Munoa

Bob Munoa New Member

Local Time:
          I have used TTI headers and exhaust on over a dozen Mopars. At the moment I have a 68 Hemi Roadrunner, 68 Dart 440 powered, 65 Ply AFX/NSS Hemi, 62 Dodge Dart Max Wedge AFX/NSS. Cars built in my shop - Brother’s 70 Six Barrel Cuda, Friends 64 Plymouth Max Wedge, Daughter’s 65 Barracuda 360/410 stroker, 64 Plymouth AFX/NSS Hemi, 68 Plymouth Roadrunner AFX/NSS. They all are equipped with TTI headers and the street cars full exhaust. I have never had to dent or hammer any of them. When I order, We include all the required info, engine-stock or aftermarket, heads stock or aftermarket, body-stock K frame, aftermarket or motor plate, all this info affect fitting the header/exhaust. As an example a 511 cubic inch Max Wedge AFX, the fact we used Edelbrock Victor heads required TTI to modify a couple of tubes for block clearance. I just wanted to let readers to know my experience with TTI.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          • Stu McBride

Stu McBride New Member

Local Time:
            8:35 AM
            I ordered my TTi headers through Bob Mazzolini racing. I went with the top of the line coated inside and out set. Paid him, he ordered them I got them in 3 or 4 weeks. Bolted them in in maybe 3 hours tops. Had zero issues with fitment or quality. I tried cheep headers and learned why I paid the money for TTi after beating on one side for 8 hours. I will be a TTi guy for my next build.

On a side note Bob Mazzolini was extremely helpful and had a great amount of knowledge he shared with me.

• Agree Agree x 1
            • Charger Dana

Charger Dana Well-Known Member

Local Time:
              7:35 AM
              I bought a used set of 1 3/4 TTI headers and called up for the exhaust (3”) on my 67 Charger. Customer service was awesome- ordered through my local shop, everything was slick. 2016. Install was so smooth I thought I’d missed something. I used step clamps (headers were already in) and was leisurely done in less than two hours. I’m not particularly mechanically inclined so small wins are big wins. And 67 Chargers can be oddball for parts/fit. I am a permanent TTI fan now.

It’s a street car, restored, 383 4 sp with 450+hp ish, but I’d recommend 2.5” exhaust. 3” was unnecessary. In relation to other posts- often you don’t need huge headers, and that leads to fewer dents for install.

• 747mopar

747mopar FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
              Same here, Hooker Super Comps and not one dent to fit.

• gtx6970

gtx6970 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
              Interesting.

I have been thinking to upgrade the xhaust on the Satellite with a full 3" TTI system at some point maybe next year .

Now me thinks just keep it stock as is

• not so famous bob

not so famous bob Well-Known Member

Local Time:
              Dam , I`m waiting on a set of thermal barrier coated 440-200 now, expected shipping date of early June, thinking they have to get so many prepaid orders before tooling back up for everwhich model.----------???

• 65-440

65-440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
              11:35 AM
              I finally got all of my stuff the last week of April...Todd Marsh called and said as long as he's been dealing with TTI he's never had an order take as long as mine did....I opened the boxes to inspect and realized I didn't request band clamps, dammit....just got those in yesterday...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
              By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.