• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tubbed ?

Are you doing this for the look of the wide tires under it ?? I only ask because with the good tires of today you don't have to tub many cars to hook up. I only run a 9" wide tire in my 63's stock wheelwells but it hooks great and will run 10's on them. Money was a factor in my build and I only wanted to have a 10 second street car and I knew I could do it with a tire that fit my stock wheelwell which saved me a lot of money not having to tub it or move my springs. But I can understand if you want to do it for the look. My buddy loves the Pro Street look with 15" wide meets under the car. He could have a 15 second car but he would want that look he loves. My point is if its only to get the car to hook you don't have to tub it as you can run in the 9's on a 9" wide tire. These are 30 x 9 Hoosier radial slicks in my stock wheelwell and springs in stock location. Good luck what ever you do , Ron

414042033.jpg

Last edited:
My '65 Coronet has the springs moved inboard with 10 inch steel wheels and 13.50 M/T ET Streets. Went the mini tub route.

My 62 Belvedere with springs relocated to main uni-body sub frames and stock wheel wells. Plenty of room for more tire inboard. Running 275/60-15 on 10" rims.
P1010127.JPG
P1010126.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back