• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tubular control arms

D575

Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these ? Put a set on. lowered the torsion bars a little more put the car on my rotary plates aligned the car got 4 degs of pos. caster. Before the most I could get was 1/2 deg Neg. I put power disks on the front at the same time . the car tracks beautiful . absolutely straight at any speed. Handles like a new car. tons of adjustment left. It's a completely different car. they are from Magnum force racing in Campbell ca.
P5170008.jpg

P5260009.jpg

I got mine form CAP, but I didn't trust the welds so I welded in a plate that connects both arms to the ball joint. I felt better with that design since my family rides in the car with me. Thats just my opinion, other than that, I like them alot.

I have the Firm Feel ones but haven't used them yet. I do understand the aftermarket arms do exactly what you said so I can't wait to get it on the road.

Looking at the pics above I see they use a heim joint as the upper bushing vs. the FFI standard bushing. To me an exposed heim joint as a suspension component is unacceptable for regular street use.

I've got the Magnum Force units on the Satellite--same experience--car tracks beautifully at any speed.

I have used the Adj. Poly bushed older style CAP's tubular UCA's & LCA's on the street {CAP's now owned by QA1}... I liked them very much on my last RR, I have a set I will be installing on my current project, some day... I agree withs Meeps that for regular street use the heim joints won't probably last too long or could possibly break, very harsh ride, stressed when hitting a pothole or something, but occasional street use it should be fine, just be carefull.... I have used the Heim Joints on CA's Chrome Moly versions {Chriss Alston Engineering} on the street {Pro-Street era, very harsh ride}, on some brand X stuff too, I broke an upper control arm tubing, near where the upper ball joint is attached & a HD Teflon lined 5/8" sealed spherical heim joint {best I could buy at the time}, on a lower controll arm on the opposite side {stock style suspension on Mopars don't have/use}...

just installed a set from pst . little harsher ride with the poly bushing but nice and solid

Auto Transport Service
Back