• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tubular K-members

dickdale

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
Which brands tubular k-members are there?

QA1 (bought Gerst suspension)
Reilly Motor Sports
Magnum Force

Last edited:
Why would you want one? Weight? They aren’t much lighter than a modified stocker. Oil pan clearance? Modifying a stocker will clear just about any pan. Rack and pinion? They are nice. Coil over conversion? Not a lot of gain outside of header clearance. They aren’t cheap. I just installed a entire Gerst/QA1 set up for a customer. Nice stuff but not for the faint of heart. I’ve also modified quite a few. Depends on the intended usage.
Doug

Thx, I wasn't looking for opinions. Just want to know which brands are on the market.

I don't know if you'd consider the Alterktion setup tubular. Believe it's a coil over conversion with replacement K member component.

I did a video of installing my QA1 front. Went well, but I got miner as a level 2 handling kit. Should be towards the middle or end of the posted video.

I have a RMS tubular K Frame, tubular upper and lower control arms with coil overs and a manual rack that I drive on the street with no complaints. I can install and remove both side headers with engine installed. I am able to run a 10 quart flat bottom oil pan and it doesn't even hang as low as my headers.

20150920_190437.jpg 20150922_184314 (002).jpg rsz_20160414_201144.jpg IMG_8666.jpg

Anyone have direct comparison on how upgraded stock suspension rides and handles compared to the RMS coilover setup? Debating over my options as I need to upgrade the whole front suspension as well as the steering, so cost wise I think it will be pretty close. I decided to have a 400/470 stroker motor built for my 68 Charger and will also be upgrading to the TKX 5 speed. I saw the new Speedtech front sub option which would allow wider front tires, but just not sure the price difference can be justified.......

Auto Transport Service
Back