• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn signal light, 67 charger

bcOH67

Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for any help that can be offered!… posted this in 67 Charger forum too. Figured I’d cover all bases.

Just installed a new turn signal switch from a good/recommended source. Everything works except the front passenger side turn signal/running light. However, when I use the 4-way flasher switch it works/the light flashes. . Any thoughts on what I should look for? Maybe I bumped something.

Also- I could be crazy, but I swear the direction I have to spin my headlight switch to make it get brighter/dimmer has switched direction.

The grounding of that housing is first to check.
Reversed dimmer sounds impossible.

Ground for the housing was right, thanks Rem!

I thought so too. But when I pull my light switch on, when I twist to the right the lights get dimmer. I haven’t driven it for a few months, but I swear spinning to the right made them brighter. Oh well, it’s a 67 charger and it’s working in some fashion…I’ll just take it for what it is

Thanks for any help that can be offered!… posted this in 67 Charger forum too. Figured I’d cover all bases.

Just installed a new turn signal switch from a good/recommended source. Everything works except the front passenger side turn signal/running light. However, when I use the 4-way flasher switch it works/the light flashes. . Any thoughts on what I should look for? Maybe I bumped something.

Also- I could be crazy, but I swear the direction I have to spin my headlight switch to make it get brighter/dimmer has switched direction.
Hey I am having issues with my Charger now though it is a 66 slightly different. But how do I know if my turn signal switch is bad? Drivers side turn signal work but not the passenger side both front and back? It makes me think the flasher is ok since one side works? Unless does it have multiple flashers? Sorry not familiar with this type of work on my car yet! Just diving into the electrical issues!

(in mine) There are two flasher units but I think one is for the 4-ways and one is for the turn signals. The flashers should be the same so first thing I'd do (provided your 4-ways work properly) is swap them and see what happens. That or remove the connectors from the flasher and put a tester light to the wire and see if it's getting anything when the flasher is activated. I've been 'diving into electrical issues' for 5 years now ans still feel like I have no clue what I'm doing lol, so I have my own stupid ways of trying to figure stuff out. For the other 98% of things I can't figure out on my own I ask here :lol:

If no one else answers, Daniel Stern lighting is who I bought my switch from. Even if you don't need one, he'd be a great person to send an email with a question to.

Auto Transport Service
Back