• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn signal question

Red63440

Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
I noticed I had a bulb out so I installed a new one. Turned on the parking lights and the bulb I installed
(1157) glows brighter. Tried the turn signals and there is a very minor dimming of the bulb with the parking lights on but no flash. The rear works fine but the front not so much. Ok, short, bad ground...?

wondering if you got the bulb is backwards? I know there are offset install pins on the bulb base, but I have seen (and done it myself) many bulbs put in the wrong way

Bryan

I will have to check...that would sure cause that problem....BRB

- - - Updated - - -

wondering if you got the bulb is backwards? I know there are offset install pins on the bulb base, but I have seen (and done it myself) many bulbs put in the wrong way

Bryan

Ok, bulb would only go in one way so I took the TS housing out all together. Checked all of the connections and re-installed it and it works fine now. I am thinking it was a combination of a dirty connecter and a corroded mounting point....Just another thing checked off the list! Thanks for the input!

Auto Transport Service
Back