• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U.S. Car Tool Mini Tub Installation

In a '68/9 b-body Plymouth the tallest tire that will fit with the stock axle location is a 28.5 tall tire. Sadly, these only come in a width to fit a 10" wide rim. That said, this wheel/tire combo will fit a stock tub with only the springs moved inboard.

Interesting. I've got a 69 that came with 31.5 x 13.5 slicks. Mini tub, springs under the frame rail, wheel well lip rolled. It's currently apart to fix the mess that was made when it was done, back about 1976. I may not be able to run as wide of a tire after the quarter has a lip on it again, but the height should still work.

Maybe the axle was moved forward when the springs were moved in, but I don't think so.

I tried to use the US car tool fillers, since I'm replacing the complete tub, and learned that the short cut isn't always the smartest route. I welded them to the outer well before putting it on the car, and when I went to install it, the part didn't fit the hole anymore. Starting over.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back