• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ugh got wrong bushing! Need help!

Marco Perez

Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys i thought i have purchased the right bushing.. if anyone can help I'd would really appreciate it.. I have pictures of what I need from the Manuel just doesn't say what it's called.

Screenshot_20220519-155824_Chrome.jpg 20220516_192006.jpg 20220516_191958.jpg

Ok thanks it's ordered! Now my next question is does the clip like the bracket (( or does it go against the bracket to make. () thanks again beep beep

It has grooves that are like slots. The bracket rides in that groove and you push it in until it locks into place.

clip.png

1215061-b4ae05b0320b28927442e7d65572f059.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Love this group very helpful I can't wait to get more hands on with this car after this I'd like to work on my guages I've been doing my homework, it's my fuel and temp guages don't work, I've read that are tied in together once fuel goes put temp guage also goes out any idea or know where I can start check.. I want to test the guages I just need to learn to take dash off and also how to test it, seen couple yt videos on it but with different model cars.

Awesome! Love this group very helpful I can't wait to get more hands on with this car after this I'd like to work on my guages I've been doing my homework, it's my fuel and temp guages don't work, I've read that are tied in together once fuel goes put temp guage also goes out any idea or know where I can start check.. I want to test the guages I just need to learn to take dash off and also how to test it, seen couple yt videos on it but with different model cars.
Voltage limiter.. Since both of those gauges work off of 5volts. The voltage limiter is found on the back of the cluster. I'm not familiar with 64 chryslers but almost all dodges/chrysler and plymouth cars back in the day used them.

It looks like this. But now they sell a solid state style that's supposed to be better than the old type.
s-l500.jpg

I looked on google. Is this the same dash you have? If so I do not see a limiter on the back side of this. It may be elsewhere but as I stated not familiar with them.
s-l1600.jpg

Upper right side of the cluster are the 2 gauges from the rear of the cluster view.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
From what I just read the fuel guage is the voltage limitor as it's labeled with 3 connection points behind it and is in sequence with the temp guage

Screenshot_20220519-184311_Office.jpg

Just spit balling here.. Check this out maybe it will make sense.

2427430.jpg

That is probably correct for a 64.. 66 and up use the plug in style. So go with that info and it should help you out.

Thanks beepbeep just got my clip today, popped it in and the throttle stopped sticking! Ginally thank you also she was idling bit high so I loosened the nut on the throttle and just pushed back my pedal, she went back to idling lil lower. brakes are next but I am having a shop take a look at those, I want to get my fuel and temp guage working again.

Auto Transport Service
Back