• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncle Tony says Mopar engines have a fatal flaw

I see no valid reason to own another Chevy other than to be cheap. Ok I said it. One thing he fails to discuss it where all that oil goes that's in the rear sump pan on heavy acceleration. Just another reason for it to drop the bottom end I guess.

I've seen that video.

Remember when i was complaining about no working room and suggested buying a b body with a slant six only? :D
When he said the a body was never meant to recieve a v8 and the b body is just a somewhat upscaled version of the a body it explained at lot for me.
The platform was just never meant for a v8 thus stuff is hard to reach compared to a 70 chevelle ls6 or 71 442 W30 for example.

That of course does not take away from the fact that chrysler engines (especially the 426 hemi) are great and the body styles are second to none.
What is being said about the chrysler cars not being designed for v8's is ignorant. The engineers at chrysler would take offense to the idea that they didn't design a 69 charger for a hemi or 440. By 67 the a bodies also were redesigned to fit big blocks and 727s. We have olds, chevy's and pontiacs along w a,b and e body mopars. Some things are easier to work on mopars, some things are easier on gm's. Some things there is no difference.

Has anyone here noticed the strange tilted back power boosters and master cylinders on 70s GM products?

1670206990149.png

Try getting the reservoirs full on that POS.

I don't laugh at special Olympics people, and I'll extend that courtesy to tony.
Not sure what his poison is, (Crack, crystal meth, LSD, etc) but it sure invigorates his imagination.
Just stick to magic shrooms and 6 cyl a body's , meanwhile wishing to be a chev guy.

Chrysler in the day was number 3 and always would be. It had nothing to do with oil starved motors, Mopars ruled period. Number 3 as a manufacturer was always a popularity and money game.

Chrysler in the day was number 3 and always would be. It had nothing to do with oil starved motors, Mopars ruled period. Number 3 as a manufacturer was always a popularity and money game.
Zactly. How many races did chryco win? Oh ya,
All of them.

Yeah: Mopar was so bad that both NASCAR and NHRA had to legislate against them when no 1 and no 2 couldn't win in true heads up competition.

Yeah: Mopar was so bad that both NASCAR and NHRA had to legislate against them when no 1 and no 2 couldn't win in true heads up competition.
1-2-3- Ratings are on what? Sales of cheaper over advertised items. 1-GM a big line up, 2- Ford a big line up and 3- Chrysler a line up of less operating cost and advertisement budget. So I guess uncle Balogna's spun rod theory is why Chrysler was never number one. NOT. Just more balogna.

Last edited:
Well, I am way far from an expert, and I did not cause the damage, but I currently have a 383 steel crank out of a 70 HP engine with a spun bearing and recently got rid of a steel 440 crank out of a 69 block with a spun bearing. Maybe, I just got lucky and found two within a few years in old engines I picked up. But I only have two other BB cranks, so that's a bad average for me so far! One is still in a 440, so it is unknown at this point.

Spun bearings are from a lack of oil
volume.
If we had to, had to, blame chrysler, it would be for putting the full mark on the dipstick an inch too low. Once that is adhered to, spun bearings go the way of the dinosaur.
Its not even magic.

I can read and I don't need glasses. You don't need bold or large if you are targeting me. Lack of oil is what tony was saying. So you agree with him.

Outta here. UT is too hated to be brought onto this forum.

Last edited:
I have never ever heard that Mopar engines had a problem spinning bearings. I've only saw and heard that Chevrolet's design with the crankshafts hanging down below the oil pan rails were the weaklings. I've personally have only spun a bearing in a small block shivvy and never was as hard on them as my big block Mopar that gets dogged and with a big shot of nitrous.

I've seen that video.

Remember when i was complaining about no working room and suggested buying a b body with a slant six only? :D
When he said the a body was never meant to recieve a v8 and the b body is just a somewhat upscaled version of the a body it explained at lot for me.
The platform was just never meant for a v8 thus stuff is hard to reach compared to a 70 chevelle ls6 or 71 442 W30 for example.

That of course does not take away from the fact that chrysler engines (especially the 426 hemi) are great and the body styles are second to none.
He's part right and part full of **** on that point...
True, the original a-body design was not intended for a V8.
False, that the b-body (and subsequent e-bodies) weren't meant to have a V8 either.
Both were designed from the get-go to handle any factory engine Ma manufactured - which they handle
fine, of course.

Tony has painted himself into a corner.
He is obligated to posting a video each day to meet the demand. While some content is good, I think he is often "reaching" for subjects to talk about to maintain a flow of content.
Absolutely correct. He has to generate content in order for his model of a daily YT channel to work.
Sometimes, he's got some good stuff.
Other times though, it's easy to see he's manufacturing drama for the views alone - instigating for
the sake of getting his channels' "counts" up.
Grain of salt for anything he puts up as a result...

Of even more concern to me at least is how seemingly every collaboration he's had on the channel
has gone south on him; he's managed to run off most everyone he's partnered up with on projects
(it even appears he was using some of them for the free labor, then pulling the car back away from them
when it appeared no more free work was forthcoming).
In other words, he's a user....and I got no use for that type.

I can read and I don't need glasses. You don't need bold or large if you are targeting me. Lack of oil is what tony was saying. So you agree with him.

Outta here. UT is too hated to be brought onto this forum.
Whoa bud, sorry I wasn't trying to direct at you.
The whole "sucking the pan dry" "chrysler has shitty oiling system thing" that has been perpetuated for yeeeeears, is from not having enough oil in the pan. If chryco had put the full mark 1 inch up from the start, there wouldn't have been these myths floating around.
I understand that all you said was you had 2 spun cranks there. I've got one at the shop as well (not from me).
And I agree with the UT thing :thumbsup:

Sorry Wayne but I have to disagree with you - I blew up my 440 GTX 3 times street racing back in the day……Lol

Albiet each time was spun rod bearings so they weren’t a death nell to the engine…..

Funny I never blew up my 440 or 383 when I was young and dumb, and we all know how we beat them engines.

I've seen that video.

Complete rubbish and an insult to the Chrysler engineers.
All the manufacturers were stuffing bigger and bigger engines into their cars during the horsepower wars. There has to be some compromise in any automobile between styling, handling, acceleration, top speed, ride, noise etc and it might mean you struggle to change your engine mounts on your driveway with a Swiss army knife and a screwdriver but to say the platform was never intended for V8's is ludicrous.
Meanwhile us "pitiable creatures" (as you referred to us in your last rant against Chrysler) continue to work on our cars with the right tools, patience and understanding of how things work in the real world.

Sorry Wayne but I have to disagree with you - I blew up my 440 GTX 3 times street racing back in the day……Lol

Albiet each time was spun rod bearings so they weren’t a death nell to the engine…..
obviously a bad build.

Auto Transport Service
Back