• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under dash reverse light for 4 speed?

paladin06

Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
OK, the bulb is good. I see nothing in the shop manual about the circuit. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Greg Anderson

did they even have one or are you putting an aftermarket thing in?

This holds true for a '70 car - behind the driver's kick-panel, there is a 6-way connector block - purple for reverse lights connects to a white/trace wire which goes to the bulkhead connector.
Check the connections at the clutch switch, bulkhead connector (C and D) and the ground wire at the start relay.
The wires going to the reverse light (if factory fitted) will be black and black/trace
You might find that the grounding wire has broken off the back of the light fitting - it is usually soldered on, and can be fragile if you have been working blind behind the dash frame. To remove the fitting - unscrew the locknut holding the fitting to the frame.

Hope that helps.

Well with all the other electrical problems I am having I took a break to work this light. Had to replace the wire on the firewall connector between position K and C. Then replaced a section of the wire from the firewall connector to the switch on the trans and she is shinning bright. Thanks again for your help.:toothy10::hello2:

Auto Transport Service
Back