• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unique "5-Pack" Mopar

Pretty sure I won't see another setup like that in my lifetime.

Can’t imagine that works very good at all. He states it is 440 cubes.

Have you seen the 302 maverick with the lawn mower carburetor? Was out this spring on YouTube.

**EDIT, that looks like a low rise dual quad intake. But why the choke well in the center. Looks like amd aluminum adapter under the rear 1bbl. He said his uncle did it and didn’t have another 4bbl.

523C3209-DE71-43E1-90F5-F51109FEB55B.jpeg

6ED7A1A6-510D-4D7B-9872-06B8A92B5DDF.jpeg

E48A9A73-F012-4734-9A41-62316B7ACF1C.jpeg

84C2220E-4F36-4150-95A6-4D7474FBC074.jpeg

Last edited:
I think he said it was a four-barrel intake manifold with home-made adaptor.

Update: No, looks like a dual quad manifold.

Last edited:
My mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say then....

So "________________________________________"

Even with a open plenum dual quad intake you are going to get some lean cylinders on the other end.

My older brother once took a bad Thottle body from a first gen Dakota and replaced it with a 1 barrel Rambler carb. Made an adapter plate from a 4 inch electrical box cover. While it was not breaking speed records it did get him to and from work until he could get a new throttle body. Anything can be done if you are desperate enough.

My older brother once took a bad Thottle body from a first gen Dakota and replaced it with a 1 barrel Rambler carb. Made an adapter plate from a 4 inch electrical box cover. While it was not breaking speed records it did get him to and from work until he could get a new throttle body. Anything can be done if you are desperate enough.
Did he play this on the way?

Was the plan to cruise on the one barrel and save fuel? If you have a running 440 motor, 413 intake and one four barrel with the skills to get it in and exhaust plumbed out the back, another four barrel isn't hard to find.
Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 3.02.41 PM.png

Reminds me of the road kill episode with leaf blower turbo on the monza. :lol:

It would be idling on three barrels and getting fuel from 5 barrels when you mash on it lol!

Can’t imagine that works very good at all. He states it is 440 cubes.

Have you seen the 302 maverick with the lawn mower carburetor? Was out this spring on YouTube.

**EDIT, that looks like a low rise dual quad intake. But why the choke well in the center. Looks like amd aluminum adapter under the rear 1bbl. He said his uncle did it and didn’t have another 4bbl.

View attachment 1381541

View attachment 1381542

View attachment 1381543

View attachment 1381544
Almost have to ask the obvious question: WHY???? Just to be different??? ...or... the person with a few loose screws and money to burn.....YES...it's definitely different.....
BOB RENTON

He only had one four-barrel on hand and the slant six carb was available on the shelf so he improvised.

Auto Transport Service
Back