• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*unofficial what are you listening to?* thread

No videos from my favorite Alice Cooper album.

GREAT guitar fills and great rock solid drumming.

This album needs serious reassessment.

Let's do one more.

This song could be an "all you need to know about Alice Cooper in one song".

Again, great guitar fills and lead from Davey Johnstone (who also played with Elton John).

Good cover, I'll bet more people are familiar with that version than the original.

As far as I can tell it was taken from a song written by Gabor Szabo called Gypsy Queen. No lyrics.

Then Peter Green from Fleetwood Mac wrote the lyrics to it. (Just spit balling here.)

As far as I can tell it was taken from a song written by Gabor Szabo called Gypsy Queen. No lyrics.

Then Peter Green from Fleetwood Mac wrote the lyrics to it. (Just spit balling here.)

Hadn't heard about Gabor Szabo before. I knew Peter Green wrote the lyrics but he in turn said he got the music influence from this Otis Rush song from 1958:

Since we've gone on to more old school...

I gotta put up one more from "Flush..."

This could be the genesis of "Punk-A-Billy".

Da-da-da DA, da-da-da DA, hurt somebody.

Dokken was HUGE in 84-87-ish.

Don't really understand why they get almost zero airplay now.

They were as big or bigger than Ratt or Poison, but I hear those two at least 5 times per week on the radio today.

I saw them twice in the 80's.

George Lynch was at one time the king of all guitarists, and his contemporaries were pretty stiff competition, including legends like SRV and EVH.

Interestingly, I just read that George and Don are actually touring together this year.

...but the only two shows in FL are in Key West (one HELL of a drive) and on a cruise.

Last edited:
Just got turned on to this today-

Nuno Bettencourt- severely underrated IMO. Apparently still has it.

Auto Transport Service
Back