• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on the rescued roadrunner

troyintahoe

Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
Just checking back in here with updates on the rescued roadrunner (From Nevada). So far I have put in a new gas tank, fuel pick up, rebuilt the double pumper, got it running, discovered I had a bad tach and speedo. tach is being rebuilt and refaced as we speak, and the speedo was replaced. Since I had to pull the rally guages, I installed a carpet kit, resprayed all the panels, painted the dash and column. Dash cover was installed tonight. New bucket seat backs installed. New windshield, paint buffed out and restriped, grill restored and repainted.

It's been just over a year since I pulled it from a field in Yerington Nevada. I have a few more parts coming in the mail, and it will be a driver again!

Here are a few pics. It's still for sale but the price has gone up:yes:

Roadrunner

Woops, forgot the pics.......

2004_0106kit0023.jpg

2004_0106kit0024.jpg

2004_0106kit0021.jpg

2004_0129grill0001.jpg

2004_0116rear0001.jpg

2004_0118seats0005.jpg

2004_0118seats0006.jpg

2004_0118seats0008.jpg

2004_0117dash0005.jpg

2004_0117dash0009.jpg

Very Nice I still remember the pics of when you got it..what a change..nice job Troy..nice job
AL

Rescued Roadrunner

The dash cap is from Dante's. Very simple install, but be carefull with the glue. You also must decide how the woodgrain insert is going on. Either over the dash cover, or under it. It can go both ways, but I like the look of the over better.

Tach was redone by 2k inc. Great job, and the tach looks and performs like new. $200

Most of my interior panels are e-bay parts. I ordered black when I could get them. If I couldn't find factory black I used vinyl paint over the wrong color I was left with. Came out great. Dash was repainted with rustoleum. Interior trim was painted with semi gloss Rustoleum. I will post more daytime pics when I get the car out of the garage later this spring.

Here are more pics. I'm getting close!

Rm21.jpg

RM21-2.jpg

RM21-3.jpg

RM-21-4.jpg

sweet.

I'm assuming the dash cap you're speaking of is one of the molded "hard" plastic ones?

Roadrunner

IT'S A DRIVER! I installed a new set of Summit Headers yesterday, put the column back together. I installed the driver's seat and front belts. Took it for a spin around the block. It ran good but still needs some tuning. Kickdown linkage needs adjustment, timing needs some more tweaking, and a trip to the exhaust shop. First ride for the old gal in ten years.:)

The new headers didn't match up the same as the old ones. I had to cut the hangers, and get some more distance out of the exhaust to make it work. I ordered a pair of old school 40 series flowmasters from e-bay tonight. They were $125 shipped. I will get it down to the exhaust shop after I save up a few more clams. I went with 2 1/4 inchers to match the existing piping.

I'm pumped, and I will get some updated outdoor pics up soon to finish off this thread. Troy

Roadrunner

New two chamber Flowmasters are on, and they sound great.

Still need to put new seals in the steering gearbox, and detail the engine bay. The tranny pan was leaking, it had loose bolts. I had to add 4 quarts of ATF to get it back up to snuff. It's tests fine, now that it's full.

I'm going to register it on payday. Troy

Auto Transport Service
Back