• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper Core support question

Mopar7006

Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know what attaches to these three studs on the core support of a 1970 Charger ? Bought a core support stiffening kit and it’s going to block them.

IMG_8168.jpeg

the hood latch support, attaches to the lower also

you have a stiffener for the upper?, I've only seen the lowers

Does that lower core support stiffener even do anything? I question it because of how close the front of the K frame is to the front of rail and all that looks pretty stout.

Does that lower core support stiffener even do anything? I question it because of how close the front of the K frame is to the front of rail and all that looks pretty stout.

I thought the same thing

It helps the lower support from deforming when some dumbass decides to hook a chain to it and pull it because they're too lazy to hook to the kframe.

I see that- but if I were in business to sell stuff would be making everything possible. I saw a pic somewhere of someone B body going thru a turn, front inside wheel IN THE AIR, no core support stiffener and the hood/fender gaps were spot on.

Core support stiffening is just a part I wonder about, cost-benefit thing I guess. On top of added weight etc.

I did the lower core support stiffener on mine and it sure seems like it helped a lot. I can pick up the front of the car by it now with no issue at all. The factory piece isn't adding any useful support at all and IMO there is nothing stout at all with the way these cars were built.

Auto Transport Service
Back