• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper Cowl Issues... 65 B ? You to ?

GTX69- what's the story on your Maxie car? Plymouth/Dodge? Auto/T85? Options? Gotta love the fenderwell cutouts:)

So far, here is the rot found in my '63 Savoy's cowl. Damn mice:mad:

63SAVOY1%20008.jpg

I bought this from a guy in California that is parting a '63 Savoy 4dr, I may just replace the whole top half...

PICT0060.jpg

Hey Ruby just curious what's the purpose for the big holes in your fender wells, if their is one? :edgy:

Yup, the car had fenderwell headers in place back in it's racing days when the original 426 was still in place. It was very common as I don't believe under chassis headers were available for these cars then.

Well at least they didn't hack up your shock towers.It is a max was a t-85 auto trans was put in 1963.Restoring car repacing cowl and both fender wells and shock towers.

Yeah, while they didn't cut the shock towers, they cut, torched and smashed plenty of other places on the car... Good thing the car is over all very solid with mint floors framerails and trunk floor. Is your car a '62 or '63? Any other pics?

This is a old picture of it.I will post other pictures of it later .It is a 62 soild eveywhere else but cowl and fenderwellsThis is one of my other cars.dart.jpg

gtx.jpg

dart.jpg

gtx.jpg

64 B Body cowl

I know where there is a 64 Dodge 4dr sitting. If anyone is interested,I can get a price from the guy. It is beat,but may have a good cowl. Front sheet metal is ok.I will try to get pix. I would be interested in splitting the car up/parting it out, but all I want is the front clip. Chime in if you are interested in the cowl or whatever. Don.

65 Satellite cowl

Here is my mess. I've got a cowl off a 64 fury. It's not that great but, I can use parts of it. I also have one froma 63 dodge. Same deal, I'm gonna use parts.

075.jpg

078.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

343.jpg

Moparker,

Wow that is a mess..... a lot of us have similar problems... hopefully we can see one reconstructed and back together....

cowl removal

I understand drilling out the spot welds but, what do you do with fender mounting piece that is welded on? Do you cut it off?

I tried to salvage my upper cowl. I intend to repair it and sell later. So, I drilled out the fender bracket...... what a time I had to hit the spotwelds.... hopefully you can see your hole circles better than me.... but it came off !!

Auto Transport Service
Back