• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USCT K frame mod

Tomcat

Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
I've searched in vain, but I read somewhere here that someone had used the USCT K frame mod to install a G3 and would like to hear some more real life experience about that mod. In thinking that whoever it was said that they were able to maintain the original trans mounting position for a 727, and since that's my current plan, I'd prefer to keep the factory oil pan / pickup / dipstick combo, and from the pics on USCT's website,it appears that they were even able to keep the factory oil filter adapter??.... very interesting stuff for my path. I do plan on calling USTC to find out if they can offer more info, but hoped to get some hands on stuff here first if available.
Thanks!

Can't help with your question other than to say I'd recommend using TTI's motor mounts and not modifying the K frame. I understand the appeal in that I believe USCT says you don't have tp swap the pan but cutting up the K frame does not seem to be a great way to solve this problem.

I used TTI mounts and love where it positions the engine. I am using a TKX and the mount is not an issue.

Can't help with your question other than to say I'd recommend using TTI's motor mounts and not modifying the K frame. I understand the appeal in that I believe USCT says you don't have tp swap the pan but cutting up the K frame does not seem to be a great way to solve this problem.

I used TTI mounts and love where it positions the engine. I am using a TKX and the mount is not an issue.
Now that you mention it, I think I may have blended two memories together..... I've got bad CRS! lol. I think TTI mounts were how the factory trans mount position was achieved, and the USTC mod was to keep the stock pan. I will admit that I wondered if that might be a bit too much to cut out of the K frame..... especially with the 392.

Yeah I have done that more than once (conflated various memories).

I really like the TTI mounts and how it positions the engine, it gives me awesome space between the engine and firewall and positions the engine very well in the engine compartment. Biggest advantage is that they ensure that the TTI headers will fit which they do.

Yeah I have done that more than once (conflated various memories).

I really like the TTI mounts and how it positions the engine, it gives me awesome space between the engine and firewall and positions the engine very well in the engine compartment. Biggest advantage is that they ensure that the TTI headers will fit which they do.
Does TTi have a trans mount as well?
I’d like to do a swap, without modifying permanently.

Does TTi have a trans mount as well?
I’d like to do a swap, without modifying permanently.
I do not believe that they do but the trans mount on the cross member is 4 holes so you can easily make or probably buy a mount to fit whatever transmission you want to use.

That said, if you want to use one of the modern AT transmissions or perhaps the TKOs (not the TKX) you will have to modify the trans tunnel and probably the crossmember

This is why I was interested in the TTI mounts to begin with. I'm all but certain that I read here somewhere of someone using them for an E body and that the trans landed right back in the factory location, but again, I plan to use a 727...... at least to start with.

This is why I was interested in the TTI mounts to begin with. I'm all but certain that I read here somewhere of someone using them for an E body and that the trans landed right back in the factory location, but again, I plan to use a 727...... at least to start with.
That might have been me. I used the TTI mounts and long tube headers and everything fit great. I also used a stock TF727 and didn't have to mofify anything on the trans mount, it bolted right up.

That might have been me. I used the TTI mounts and long tube headers and everything fit great. I also used a stock TF727 and didn't have to mofify anything on the trans mount, it bolted right up.
Awesome!..... that's the confirmation I was looking for! Any chance you also run a Borgeson steering box?...... that's my last wonder with regard to which mounts and headers to use.

I cannot confirm that it goes to the stock position per se, however I will say that my TKX landed perfectly where the stock shifter would go.

Awesome!..... that's the confirmation I was looking for! Any chance you also run a Borgeson steering box?...... that's my last wonder with regard to which mounts and headers to use.
No, I'm running the factory power steering box.

No, I'm running the factory power steering box.
In case anyone else follows up on this, I see that TTI now offers another part number header to work with the Borgeson steering box in this combination. :)

Glad TTI got their **** together. I bought their headers back in 2008 and used their motor mount adapters and they interfered with each other.... So I had to heat and dent my new expensive headers... oh well.

Any reason you don't want to just swap to a mid sump pan? Holley makes a really reasonably priced one these days

Glad TTI got their **** together. I bought their headers back in 2008 and used their motor mount adapters and they interfered with each other.... So I had to heat and dent my new expensive headers... oh well.

Any reason you don't want to just swap to a mid sump pan? Holley makes a really reasonably priced one thes

Any reason you don't want to just swap to a mid sump pan? Holley makes a really reasonably priced one these days
My only worry was getting all the pieces correct, but I have now seen that Holley kit, and I also see that Mancini has a reasonably priced kit with the pickup and dipstick.....I just didn't want to run into mis-matched pieces and spin a bearing over some dumb ****.

Auto Transport Service
Back