• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using a drone to catch a monster bass! EPIC!!!

Biggest fish I ever caught was on a line caught in a tree branch while I was undoing a rat's nest in the 1930s-technology open reel. The ones you had to brake yourself.
Finally got the rat's nest rewound on the reel cleanly, then worked on unsnaggng the line from the tree.
Monster catfish on the hook.
Very patient. We threw it back.
We were there for Sunfish and Bluegill.

There was so many levels of dork in that video.

Yeah, but it was a nice fish. I was fishing on Houghton Lake with my mom, Grandpa and brother many moons ago. Mom asked were my bobber was (early teens) and I was tired that day. I said I probably hooked a weed. Starting reeling it in a felt some good tugs on the line. I ended up pulling in a nice 24" northern pike. Good eats that day. Miss Grandpa a lot. RIP.

Last edited:
He's almost Canadian.
Did I see a Canada flag?
Give him a break.
Fish was not too stressed out..
Lake Champlain is supposed to have a large creature like Loch Ness.
I hope that's his next video.

He would have gotten a citation here in Tx, the only way to take game fish is with a rod and reel legaly..
Definitely dorkdom!

The only way we can respect this is because he is COOL enough to own a 1969 Charger!

Biggest Fish of his life? really?
:drama:

Pretty funny
I didn't get that excited
{scream like a little girl, oh my gosh oh my gosh}
catching a 200+ # Marlin off Cabo San Lucas, down in Mexico....

interesting, the fish was pulling the drone around

it'd be fun for trout up here, BUT;
I think my Game Warden neighbor would disapprove thou...

I was waiting for the fish to pull the drone into the water and swim away with it.

That dude is a nerd and that was maybe a 3 pound fish at best. He lives on a lake and has to use a drone to catch a 3lber. Wow is all I can say.

I recently trolled for trout with some buddys with a model size electric boat. More beer drinking fun than should be legal and it is. When the boat gets sunk by a big fish whoever has the controlls goes in for a dip.

never saw anyone get so excited over a fish ! he better be glad it wasn`t a big one! = lost drone.

I had to mute it as I couldn't take any more commentary. I don't think that bass is much over 2 lbs. He got lucky as you can't really set the hook from a drone. I had a nice bass on the line once, maybe 5 or 6 pounder. He jumped up out of the water and snapped my 10lb test easily, then took off with my favourite jitterbug. Great fun that can't be replaced with a drone!

I had to mute it as I couldn't take any more commentary. I don't think that bass is much over 2 lbs. He got lucky as you can't really set the hook from a drone. I had a nice bass on the line once, maybe 5 or 6 pounder. He jumped up out of the water and snapped my 10lb test easily, then took off with my favourite jitterbug. Great fun that can't be replaced with a drone!
Same hear, over the top excitement for a fairly average size bass got annoying pretty quick. Still pretty cool catching a nice fish with a drone on the first try...

I enjoyed that. I would have thought the bass would win. Didn't realize a drone that size could bring it in.

Auto Transport Service
Back