• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using Holley Hyperspark distributor with Fitech Go EFI 4 ?

Jack Parmentier

Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to install my Fitech Go EFI 4 (30001) in my '69 Charger w/440 in the timing control configuration. Using a Holley Hyperspark Hall-Effect distributor 565-306,

Seems the Holley Distributor should connect directly to the ECU on the Fitech ? The only difference is the added +12v to power the distributor vs. the MSD magnetic pickup type.

However, I am getting no spark at all from a known working ignition coil....

Anyone have any experience with this ?

Thanks
Jack

IMG_4993.jpg

Update --

Found out from FiTech that the Hyperspark distributor will not work with their EFI systems.... it must be a magnetic pickup distributor, like MSD.

So I plunked down my $500+ for a Ready-to-Run MSD 8387 distributor. :eek: Will see if car starts now with the new one...

I am not going to use timing control from the FiTech EFI system... not worth the hassle for a street rod.

Will see tomorrow if this thing will start/run !

Got the car started & running finally .... :thumbsup: Still have to add vacuum advance & better adjust timing.

Auto Transport Service
Back