• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS shipping

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Just an fyi this past Monday they added a surcharge of $4 for any package longer than 20 inches and a $15 surcharge for any package over 30 inches!!! This means the jack I just shipped went from $34.90 to $49.90. Shipping is getting to a point where you won’t be able to sell anything with length or weight.. on another note UPS dropped their weight before adding a surcharge from 70lbs to 50lbs.. that adds about 25-30% just a heads up for those who ship stuff..

Last edited:
I completely agree but it’s the general forum and want to keep this here so others know..

Why I always giggle a bit when I hear someone complain xyz is riping them off for postage... go to the real source. Someone has to pay it to cover the bulk deal Amazon got !!

Why I always giggle a bit when I hear someone complain xyz is riping them off for postage... go to the real source. Someone has to pay it to cover the bulk deal Amazon got !!
In my area and what we buy is mostly delivered by Amazon. They're building a full filment center 15/20 miles from me and smaller distribution place a mile away. Rural areas USPS is cheaper for Amazon. Maybe thay should add Constrictor to their name.:lol:

SOB

I got a 58 pound intake to ship out today.

Selling things is becoming more of a hassle by the day. PayPal fees, PayPal and others sending 1099s, eBay became terrible, more damage and theft in shipping, now shipping rates going through the roof.
I’ll sell things locally, everything else I have sitting around that I don’t need will end up trashed or donated someday unfortunately, because it’s not worth the trouble to try to sell.

Just an fyi this past Monday they added a surcharge of $4 for any package longer than 20 inches and a $15 surcharge for any package over 30 inches!!! This means the jack I just shipped went from $34.90 to $49.90. Shipping is getting to a point where you won’t be able to sell anything with length or weight.. on another note UPS dropped their weight before adding a surcharge from 70lbs to 50lbs.. that adds about 25-30% just a heads up for those who ship stuff..

$4 for 22 to 29"
$15 for 30" and longer

No surcharge for under 22"

I've heard that Greyhound and Fastenal are shipping sources to consider for larger/heavier stuff. Not explored this yet as I've sliced out selling bigger stuff due to the costs as well...just more trips to Goodwill and the scrap recyclers.

I have used Fastenal a few times and happy for it but, Florida got rid of the Greyhounds a few years ago and most were adopted.

$4 for 22 to 29"
$15 for 30" and longer

No surcharge for under 22"
My clerk told me 20 but she mis-spoke..
From USPS:
Packages with length over 22 inches will have a $4.00 surcharge, packages with length over 30 inches will have $15.00 surcharge and packages over 2 cubic feet will have a $15.00 surcharge.

FYI for everybody.
The USPS will be raising the postage rates in June.
But i haven't found out how much for priority flat rate box's, or regular packaged box's.
So everyone be advised, rates are going up again.

You can thank the current policies & costs of diesel & gasoline
'doubling in the past 15 months', for some of the surcharges too

it always gets passed onto the end-user/consumer

How much more does it cost you % in gas to "deliver yourself" to the store now than it did a year ago ? Gas is up 30% in most places. Those trucks aren't electric yet....

How much more does it cost you % in gas to "deliver yourself" to the store now than it did a year ago ? Gas is up 30% in most places. Those trucks aren't electric yet....
Can’t wait for electric to sky rocket and the prices go up further when they pass those expenses on to the customer.

Shippers of all names have to pay the steeply increased fuel prices we all have had to suffer
and they're going to get it somehow - or ultimately risk insolvency.
Common sense...
Do I like it? Nope, but then I didn't vote incorrectly last round, either...

The times of daily delivery is long gone. Come by twice a week and I'm good.

I've owned trucks for over 30 years. Don't like shipping rates? Buy your own and drive it there yourself. I'm sure it will be magically free when you do it, it sure as hell isn't when I do it.
Maybe your truck will run on love, and rainbows. When it breaks down I'm sure a unicorn will show up and pull you to your destination. Shipping rates need to double to get back what the big carriers have given away in the last 30 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back