• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS shipping

No it was a $40 item with $25 shipping. $65 total. :)

7f2.jpg

I've got crankshafts, internal trans parts, torque converters, cast iron intakes, etc. and there all going to be scrapped next week! No shipping! ruffcut

I have used Fastenal a few times and happy for it but, Florida got rid of the Greyhounds a few years ago and most were adopted.
I went to use fastenall on a $300 lb 4X6 pallet.My Local store was local to me,they called me back and informed me the local store closed and the only store that would accept the shipment is in the bronx {30 miles r/t with $50 in tolls.That sale went to **** FAST!!
BTW,the price from my local store would have been $300!!

Last edited:
It’s simple, when oil prices go up everything goes up.

I've owned trucks for over 30 years. Don't like shipping rates? Buy your own and drive it there yourself. I'm sure it will be magically free when you do it, it sure as hell isn't when I do it.
Maybe your truck will run on love, and rainbows. When it breaks down I'm sure a unicorn will show up and pull you to your destination. Shipping rates need to double to get back what the big carriers have given away in the last 30 years.
Red x because I was only letting others who sell know about the surcharge. The US post office is screwing its customers with the surcharge while catering to other large corporations shipping deals and UPS has a bunch of pussies that whined they can’t lift 70lbs..Also by your theory it sounds like you should have had some unicorns build you your trucks..:lol:

Last edited:
I have used Fastenal a few times and happy for it but, Florida got rid of the Greyhounds a few years ago and most were adopted.
Glad those old Greyhound busses have been adopted! I’d like to get one to give it a good home; but too big for my garage.

By the online calc, my intake should have been either $112 or 122.

At the store, they said $155.

Nope.

Sale cancelled.

Nope.

Sale cancelled.
This is what is going to happen with lots of sales unless you are Amazon…

Nope.

Sale cancelled.
Did you take it to a actual UPS Depot or a UPS Store?

UPS store.

Depot is more gas $$$

UPS store.

Depot is more gas $$$
UPS Stores charge more for sure. Each store is independently owned. They'll rip your head off. I go to the depot where the loading docks and the trucks are. Much cheaper.

UPS Stores charge more for sure. Each store is independently owned. They'll rip your head off. I go to the depot where the loading docks and the trucks are. Much cheaper.
Most of them are like this. Some simply double the price as thier "service". I use a UPS store Mennonites own and the Amish use and they only charge me $2.50 per item shipped above "cost" on large heavy packages they typically beat the post office. I will be shipping my trim through them now too cause $15 surcharge plus shipping expensive..

Most of them are like this. Some simply double the price as thier "service". I use a UPS store Mennonites own and the Amish use and they only charge me $2.50 per item shipped above "cost" on large heavy packages they typically beat the post office. I will be shipping my trim through them now too cause $15 surcharge plus shipping expensive..
This is the real problem with transportation. Brokers, they have been middle man charging for years for phone calls. Your Mennonite people are not adding on alot, so that's good, and have good rates.
Brokers are bad and their days are numbered as internet is is putting a spike through their dead heart.

Glad those old Greyhound busses have been adopted! I’d like to get one to give it a good home; but too big for my garage.
An old transportation bus is my next project, something 70's-80's Silverside. Just as soon as the Scout II is sold.
IMG_0198.JPG

This is what is going to happen with lots of sales unless you are Amazon…
& IMO they need to be broken up, Jeff Bezos BS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_United_States_antitrust_law
& we should (If they had any balls) use our existing Anti-Trust laws
he has his fingers in every aspect today,
including the -www- (govt. contracts), the cloud storage
&/or 'the crooks' Monopoly at Amazon too etc.

Just like they did to Standard Oil & US Steel or the Railroads too

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back