• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valentine 1 Gen 2 owners advice

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score
It’s on the way. Gonna learn it here in Florida before the Carlisle romp. Placement, start up, default mode? I have a V1 Gen 1 in the Coronet. This for the HC. Thinking of trying the visor mount. Have the stealth option in the 69.

D450170E-FFA5-436B-8B51-1E5C0D283681.png

Professional speeder here. I do it so well you won't know i was there.
I have been using the V1 since it first came out many years ago. You have the cat's meow in radar detection, nothing else comes close even though some one will try to tell you differently...Nothing else!

As for avoiding safe driving awards the times have changed - there is a lot of lidar use which is a lot harder to detect ahead of time...but the V1 does a great job. Waze is also a necessity if you want to exceed the posted limit by more than 10 mph on the slab. Nothing is fool proof so don't be stupid with the velocity.

Yes i have been stopped with the mighty V1 well actually I pull over and wait...in the more than several encounters...it is always comical. "What's that?" pointing to V1 on the motorcycle windshield. Everytime -
"it's the honesty detector, slow down or pull over". No speeding tickets although sometimes the occcifer has to write something up to take care of their butthurt

I had a G1 when I worked in Orlando and traveled I4 for an extended period twice a day.

Better to have it than not have it but it was already outmoded at that time- 1993!

The worst issue was the X band falsing from supermarket doors.
I wish you could just turn off X band. NO ONE uses that for speed RADAR any more.

It did occasionally false on someone in the next lane with a detector.
At least the directional indication helped identify that.

As always, you're really looking for them clocking someone ahead of you, and the newer Ka band guns are so narrow that you barely get anything if it's not directly at you, and of course, if that happens, it's too late.

Got the V1 Gen2. False threats virtually gone. Love the directional arrows telling you where the bogey is. But, it does not have the red light camera warning that the Passport 9500 has. I call it a wash. If looking for a detector, either will do the job.

Auto Transport Service
Back