• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valuation Ideas On 69 Chargers In The Last 5 Years??

Mines doing waaaaay better than my retirement plans and stock holdings.

And I’ll still have it when it all collapses.
This is exactly how I look at my early Bronco
20180106_121302.jpg

68-69 Chargers have gone INSANE and 70's are close behind. I feel like the 68-69 are both the new 70 cuda just a personal decision on the grille and tail lights and the 70 is the poor mans 68-69 Charger but close behind. And when I say poor mans its more like working mans because they aren't really cheap either. I am thankful that my buddies wife and kids wanted their fathers/husbands car treated well and taken care of and not flipped. They sold me his car for a steal and I would never be able to touch a 68 4 speed car without that deal happening.
The “poor man” ‘70 Charger R/T had the high back buckets, the Pistol Grip 4 speed, and V code 440 Six Pack options that were only available that year. As well as most of the Hi Impact color palette. :D

Also rare but would be “correct” for a ‘70 is the body color sport mirrors as seen on this one.
BD74C223-96F0-41D5-978E-91467F8E2CBF.jpeg
9E688FE7-8514-49A2-8B6A-E4EDBFC9D2FA.jpeg

Last edited:
The “poor man” ‘70 Charger R/T had the high back buckets, the Pistol Grip 4 speed, and V code 440 Six Pack options that were only available that year. As well as most of the Hi Impact color palette. :D

Also rare but would be “correct” for a ‘70 is the body color sport mirrors as seen on this one.View attachment 1409732View attachment 1409733

No hate at all here man, I love all 3. I own a 68 and the 70's tend to be on the 3rd choice out of the 3. By "poor mans" I meant probably the most easily obtainable in general for a lower cost. The 68-69's have really gone into the stratosphere and the 70 500's and small blocks seem to be around more still. Obviously all the R/T cars with 4 speeds and big blocks will command a high dollar in all 2nd gen Chargers. I would love a 70 with the high impact colors and a 4 speed.

:thumbsup:

Dark Forest Green(Mopar) and contemplating a hard, hard, did I say hard?? Hard, decision to make. My dream car. Thanks for your input, and I'm still leaning towards selling. If I do, it will post here first. Thanks again!
20211014_131134.jpg
20210811_191223.jpg

Guess I am more happy that the prices are steady going up than if they were steady going down
Second gen Chargers seem to be at the top of the pile for now
Just not sure why all the complainers think they should be entitled to one if they can not afford it
Buy something else and work on it to make it worth more and sell it and keep moving up till you can start on a Charger
I don't see anyone complaining, it's commentary nothing more.... If I felt it were worth the current prices I (and I suspect allot of other members commenting in this thread) could go pay cash for a 68 Hemi 4 speed Charger today.. Don't confuse cost with value... It's still just an old Mopar... A cool one for sure, but not worth the current prices...

Let the good times roll.
:thumbsup:
I'm thinking of a song.

Let the good times roll
Let them knock you around
Let the good times roll
Let them make you a clown
Let them leave you up in the air
Let them brush your rock and roll hair
Let the good times roll
Let the good times roll-oll
Let the (good times roll)
Let the stories be told
Let them say what they want
Let the photos be old
Let them show what they want
Let the good times roll
Let the good times roll-oll
Won't you let the (good times roll)
If the illusion is real
Let them give you a ride
If they got thunder appeal
Let them be on your side
Let the good times roll
Won't you let the good times roll-oll
Let the (good times roll)
Let the good times roll
Won't you let the good times roll
Well let the good times roll
Let it roll (good times roll)
Let the good times roll
Ooh let the good times roll
Let 'em roll (good times roll)
Well, let the good times roll
(Let the good times roll)
Good times roll (the good times roll)
Let the good times roll
Let 'em roll

Last edited:
I think movies/tv was only part of the equation. Some production numbers found in a quick search, hopefully close to being accurate. Side note, I like 66-67 Chargers as well.
1966--37,300
1967--15,788
1968--96,000
What about the 1971 Charger R/T and Super Bee with its around 7500 beeing built and the equivalent Roadrunners with the "fuselage" or Coke bottle body style (First year of only two with the same sleek look).

Production number of the -71 RR was around 14500 with just shy of 3000 more of the same body in the less childish and more "mature" gentleman´s GTX.

With arguably the last year of the muscle car era with nearly unscathed engine power compared to the top year of 1970 (all brands), but with a sexier look, it seems to me that these 71 b-bodies are quite undervalued compared to the boxy predecessors, especially the case with the Plymouths.

The Mopar 71 B-Bodies never made it to the silver screen as much as their predecessors, and low production numbers does´nt seem to be that big of a factor in the way the market looks at it.

I was in Washington state in 2019. Had time to kill, so went and looked at a classic car dealer, they had this 69 charger. They were asking 70k. Probably should have bought it. Fender tag picture for those who collect them.
20190422_124808_001.jpg
20190422_124938.jpg
20190422_130049.jpg
20190422_132028.jpg
e

As much as I love mine, I would not pay what people are asking for these cars nowadays. I'd buy a Road Runner or Coronet and have just as much fun it it. I love A bodies too but the B is a bit more manly in my opinion.
There is a guy asking $155,000 for a '69 Charger restomod at DC.com
To me, that is obscene. It is a clean car but ........

NOOOOooo.JPG

Last edited:
I always thought 68-69 chargers were the cream of the crop. I was attracted to the body and looks. At 30k for a project car with eathier a decent body no motor or running and rusted beyond repair its insane. Lately I find them less attractive and am quite content with my 68 satellite gtx clone. I often wonder if money was taken out of the equation and movies and TV shows never portrayed the 2nd gen charges as they did would I then pick the same b body as my favorite. Would I pick a 68 plymouth over a 68 charger?
Interesting thought, but I for one would NEVER pick a 68 Plymouth over a 68 Charger. I personally feel there is nothing more beautifully created than the 68-69 Chargers.... well, perhaps Farrah Fawcett, but were talking cars here :)

Interesting thought, but I for one would NEVER pick a 68 Plymouth over a 68 Charger. I personally feel there is nothing more beautifully created than the 68-69 Chargers.... well, perhaps Farrah Fawcett, but were talking cars here :)
Dam I guess you think the 70 charger just sucks

I’ll stick with my 70RT, Im not a rich man but a fan of the clean look and the best of all model years built right in , topped off with awesome colors and the best options what more can you ask for.. pistol grip six pack, sunroof car sounds pretty cool ! I like all three but 70 was the best sales were slowed by the release of the new e body. It’s all in the eye of the beholder just appreciate what ya got!

As much as I love mine, I would not pay what people are asking for these cars nowadays. I'd buy a Road Runner or Coronet and have just as much fun it it. I love A bodies too but the B is a bit more manly in my opinion.
There is a guy asking $155,000 for a '69 Charger restomod at DC.com
To me, that is obscene. It is a clean car but ........

View attachment 1412952
Greg All I see is cartoons ? dc.com? DC.com - The Official Home of DC

Auto Transport Service
Back