• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve cover question

real0803

Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
What is the difference of having this valve cover with this breather hose vs one without a breather hose ? By having this chrome one without the hose , will it cause issues with any smog test in California ?

20230803_134727.jpg

Screenshot_20240411_213105_Gallery.jpg

I believe that is your 400’s pcv valve in the blue cover. I don’t know specifically in California but I certainly would imagine they’re going to want you to have that in there. You can get chrome covers that allow you to still have that installed.

What does the PCV System do & why is it important to you?

You will fail California emissions (if required) without a PCV valve

I see a breather there is there a PCV on the other valve cover?
There is not on the chrome . Does anyone know where I can get a OEM or chrome one with a PCV valve is new condition ?

You could just buy a grommet and PCV valve and punch a hole in the other cover.
Note that it should be towards the back in the same position the breather is because there is a baffle plate beneath that area.

Of course you'll need the take the valve cover off to do it and make sure any metal shavings are carfully removed.

*** OR ***

Place a WTB (Want to Buy) ad here.
Just be watchful of the scammers they target people looking for / needing parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back