• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Van Nuys Spring Fling 2022 date is set!

I had a blast. Everyone was nice and wanted to talk. My wife liked the swap meet and found a few treasures. We found some shade in front of the car and people watched. I didn’t see any other cars like mine but there were so many nice cars to look at. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put this show on. Ya’ll rock.

I will pass on the good word to follow club members.

Thank you for coming. And thank you for bringing the catalogs to put at the Club Tent.

There was all kinds of stuff in the swap. Some out of the norm stuff I saw people walking out with:

• DeWalt corded electric staple gun -$10
  • Old toy metal truck
  • Extension Cord hand reel
  • Two Drawer Craftsman hand tool box -like new

22DE082F-36D6-4BF7-86FC-CBD73E87CF04.jpeg C309CAC4-2E94-494E-B42F-F1904A5AFD9F.jpeg F5FB9C82-20E9-4A38-9B27-CECF2A3FCF40.jpeg FD51F3EF-8B9A-44FB-BD15-05F04CA5DD76.jpeg 61230EF2-3A4A-4ABE-B233-F3AD8B8A7C06.jpeg 544C74C6-3C8D-4FD7-981B-7DF9471AA503.jpeg

Last edited:
Hotel Lot. Just back that modern Shaker Callenger in between the White Dart and Wing Car! The Blue Hellcat was doing awesome hot laps at Willow on Thursday.
04126F6C-65E2-4B34-9FDC-74965575DA8E.jpeg
53BCF7EC-B4FC-4521-8B4E-75C6333BD8CC.jpeg

When I got to the event yesterday, had a dejavu moment. I saw this 880 wagon in the line for the swap meet. My parents had one of these when it was new back in the 60's. As I remember it was a light tan/beige. Pretty cool to see this and it was in awesome shape. I was bummed to hear that Bob Tarrozi had to cancel out. I was hoping to get his autograph on the book he wrote. I've crossed paths with him since the 70's a few times and was hoping to actually meet him.

FEE380B7-EBB2-4F1D-A4BD-69CE2E63D24C.jpeg 7466C04A-E01D-4C4F-B8EE-5AAE9AF31DF6.jpeg 6726BCDC-4A30-479C-947D-0F28EEF4D40B.jpeg

I am wiped out. What a weekend!
876 miles from door to door. Great people, great cars, great weather and a few parts scores at the swap meet. It is good to be home though. The steady diet of burgers and fries gets old.
I got to meet up with Dennis and John....two stalwart staples of the show that are sorely missed when they skip out. Rich and Maria were great to see....My wife was really happy to have another woman to chat with and they got along well. My Brother-in-Law Jeff drove over from Phoenix and was a welcome addition to the group. Today I got to see Beanhead, 1972GY8 and a couple other FBBO members. Phil A Buster was there too, making his presence known to everyone.
I was so caught up in the fun, I didn't apply any sunscreen yesterday and since I had no hat, I wound up looking like an Oompa Loompa from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Surely Dennis will post a picture to keep me humble.

Last edited:
Met up with Dennis H, Beanhead, Kern Dog, CoronetDarter, and other B-Body folks.
Super cool people—could have stayed there all day drinking Dennis H's beer and talking shop.
Hope to see you all this fall.

BTW; The place was packed at noon when I was leaving—I hadn't seen it like that on a Sunday in the past.

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 8.08.00 PM.png

Little more info about this car.... Super cool story, it was being driven on the Malibu cruise by the original owner, he bought it new, had a photo album of back when the car was less than a year old towing a boat to the lake... Had another photo of the car towing a pop up trailer in Yosemite Valley.... He'd taken the car off the road thirty years ago & had recently given it to his son in law who's a dyed in the wool Mopar guy.... The son in law got it running for the first time in thirty plus years & has shown it at a few smaller event recently... This was it's first big event & won't be it's last... The son in law drove his other Mopar on the cruise & the original owner drove this beast.... He said while driving it the sounds & smells triggered memories that just came flooding back, it was a very special moment that he'll treasure forever....

Yep...The Son came up to me and told me that his dad claimed to have had the car up to 153 mph back when the car was a couple of years old. That is some old school, bad *** stuff. Hemi with a 727 and 3.23 gears....I wonder what rpms that would be at 153?

I bought some B body torsion bars for $50 and when I got home, they measured 1.0" ! They will be going into this car:

IMG_3834.JPG

Yep it was a blast hanging with the F_BO crew around the trunk of Dennis' legendary '69 'Net...there were so many great cars out today and I was told yesterday was even better. There was still lots of good stuff to be had at the swap too!
(I think we'll all be talking about "that one Dart" for quite awhile:p )

Just a small sample--

20220424_120313.jpg

20220424_090807.jpg

20220424_082621.jpg

20220424_082638.jpg

20220424_082630.jpg

20220424_071938 (2).jpg

20220424_075600.jpg

I am wiped out. What a weekend!
876 miles from door to door. Great people, great cars, great weather and a few parts scores at the swap meet. It is good to be home though. The steady diet of burgers and fries gets old.
I got to meet up with Dennis and John....two stalwart staples of the show that are sorely missed when they skip out. Rich and Maria were great to see....My wife was really happy to have another woman to chat with and they got along well. My Brother-in-Law Jeff drove over from Phoenix and was a welcome addition to the group.
I was so caught up in the fun, I didn't apply any sunscreen yesterday and since I had no hat, I wound up looking like an Oompa Loompa from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Surely Dennis will post a picture to keep me humble.
It was cool to see you and Mary again and double cool to see you putting some good miles on the Charger...that's a long trip!
And oh by the way, one of my spies reported this on hwy 99 near Delano just after 0130 this afternoon....
:usflag:

Resized_20220424_134859.jpeg

Met up with Dennis H, Beanhead, Kern Dog, CoronetDarter, and other B-Body folks.
Super cool people—could have stayed there all day drinking Dennis H's beer and talking shop.
Hope to see you all this fall.

BTW; The place was packed at noon when I was leaving—I hadn't seen it like that on a Sunday in the past.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1275337

Little more info about this car.... Super cool story, it was being driven on the Malibu cruise by the original owner, he bought it new, had a photo album of back when the car was less than a year old towing a boat to the lake... Had another photo of the car towing a pop up trailer in Yosemite Valley.... He'd taken the car off the road thirty years ago & had recently given it to his son in law who's a dyed in the wool Mopar guy.... The son in law got it running for the first time in thirty plus years & has shown it at a few smaller event recently... This was it's first big event & won't be it's last... The son in law drove his other Mopar on the cruise & the original owner drove this beast.... He said while driving it the sounds & smells triggered memories that just came flooding back, it was a very special moment that he'll treasure forever....

I spent some time checking that one out. Really cool, a real survivor. Sitting as it did 'back in the day'-- American mags, imperfections and all...I love those!

I looked for you, Daryl but you weren't near your cars when I passed by.

Auto Transport Service
Back