• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Van Nuys Spring Fling 2022 date is set!

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
April 23rd and 24th......
The Usual location, Woodley Park in Van Nuys.
It sure would be great to try to lock in a hotel for us out-of-towners. The parking lot gatherings we used to have at the Air-Tel were as much if not more fun than the show itself.

DSCN1181.JPG

DSCN1186.JPG

I really miss the Friday afternoon meet-up at this place!

DSCN1207.JPG

I haven't seen Jay at the show in years.

DSCN1253.JPG

IMG_3080.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

If not, that Best Western I stayed at, corner of Burbank and Sepulveda, was nice and close plus many rooms. Nice inside.

Something I was contemplating about Airtel and the possibility of it being open next year to taxpayers. Consider this: would you want to stay in a facility thats probably had drug o/d's, shankings/shootings etc, using everything but the bathroom for their business, potentially had Meth cooked there? If any of those happened, did the unit get cleaned correctly? Especially if Meth got cooked. Something to watch out for in the news unless it gets swept under the rug.

They get random inspections by the board of health, right?

Something I was contemplating about Airtel and the possibility of it being open next year to taxpayers. Consider this: would you want to stay in a facility thats probably had drug o/d's, shankings/shootings etc, using everything but the bathroom for their business, potentially had Meth cooked there? If any of those happened, did the unit get cleaned correctly? Especially if Meth got cooked. Something to watch out for in the news unless it gets swept under the rug.

Im going to take a good guess the place gets a full renovation. All factored in with the contract. This city is just pouring money away.

Lets hope so. Would hate for the owners to get Alligator Arms after its cleared out of the current occupants.

I finally have something to drive to this meet. It's on my calendar. I am only an hour away so I wont need a hotel.

I finally have something to drive to this meet. It's on my calendar. I am only an hour away so I wont need a hotel.

awesome.

I had to go back and look at my Fall Fling pictures. There were 3 62-64 b-bodies there for sale. Thought one might be yours. But wasn’t a match.

I am making plans to go. If anyone hears of the Airtell opening please post here, or maybe someone who knows the area can choose a hotel with a nice parking lot and post that here. Would be nice to get together in the hotel lot.

I could not read the entire article, just irritates me. What it seems to me, Mommy kicked the kids out of the house, instead of getting jobs and taking care of themselves the rest of society is supposed to take care of them?

The AirTel days with a ton of Canadiens were the best of times.

It would be beneficial to have an inside source, at the facility, to keep an eye out for how and if they do a thorough cleaning/decontaminating or if it just gets whitewashed.

It would be beneficial to have an inside source, at the facility, to keep an eye out for how and if they do a thorough cleaning/decontaminating or if it just gets whitewashed.

We’ll keep up on this.

It’s just too early too make guesses on what is going to happen.

You said the Carriage Inn was nice.

What about the parking situation?

The Best Western Carriage was decent. Has a Denny's there. Had lots of parking but I think it would be a bad idea for someone with a trailer. Tight squeeze and going under one area you have to be 7.5' or less. Depending on the time of day, hanging a left out of the facility onto Sepulveda can be a challenge as you are close to the 405 and the left turn lane pretty much starts by the entrance/exit. 4 lanes of fast moving street traffic. When I went on the Malibu cruise, left around 8 am, it was pretty busy so I ended up hanging a right instead then made a left into a residential area so I could get back out onto the blvd the right direction. Since I drive a quad cab dually, quick maneuvers are out of the question unless you don't mind getting bashed. Eateries other than Denny's are not close by but I did find several foody trucks 4 blocks or so away and there was a BevMo by them. I would stay there again though.

Auto Transport Service
Back