• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Van Nuys Spring Fling 2022 date is set!

It's a Frank Lupo converter and it's very tame on the street. It loads up when you want it to.

My guess it that convertor would be fine with a 2.76 gear... I'd bolt it in & go for a drive... You'll know pretty quick if it's slipping.....

This weekend I plan to start on the wheel tub modifications. I have always had tire rub with a full tank even when driving alone. Anyone that has tried fitting wide tires in these cars knows that you either raise the car or use narrower tires.
Mary will be joining me this time. I haven't had the car in Van Nuys since 2014. I've made a few changes since then. Hopefully I can get the A/C charged. The heater works great...will the A/C ?
I don't know if I'd do the Track Day but I'm always IN for the Malibu Cruise and everything else.
I miss the Picture Car Warehouse shindig. I liked looking at the old movie cars while chomping on a hot dog or a taco.
So you're going for sure?
I had the Dart's inner fender lip rolled last week. Gave almost an inch of space to the sidewall. Going up one size to 255/60's.

So you're going for sure?

1 HHuh.jpg

Hell yeah, I'm going!

My guess it that convertor would be fine with a 2.76 gear... I'd bolt it in & go for a drive... You'll know pretty quick if it's slipping.....
The 440 has a Hughes hyd FT cam; 236° @ 0.50 and around .550 lift. Cam card calls for minimum 3.55 gear. With 2.76s how do you think the engine would perform around town?

WE had our family Christmas last Friday!

Well then, book your room and saddle up. Maria's looking forward to Mary going.

The 440 has a Hughes hyd FT cam; 236° @ 0.50 and around .550 lift. Cam card calls for minimum 3.55 gear. With 2.76s how do you think the engine would perform around town?

It'll probably be a little soft but not to bad.. My buddy ran a 70 Challenger with 3.23 gears & a 4spd the 440 had an Ultradyne 259 @ .050 664 lift.. I expected it to be a dog but honestly it ran decent up to about 3500 then it was a rocket...

Spoke with Sandy (SandysinCanada) former moparts, says he may rally the troops in Nova Scotia to go. Guess Justin makes them test and retest for the C and it’s a money grab. Said the cost is $200.

Last edited:
Spring Fling Speed Festival track day is Thursday 21 April 2022.

This is the day before the Spring Fling Malibu cruise (Friday 22 April)
This is only two days before the big Spring Fling car show & swap meet in Van Nuys (Saturday/Sunday 23/24 April)
Make a long weekend of it all!

SFSF is held on the Big Willow track at Willow Springs in Rosamond CA (northeast of L.A. along the SR-14 Antelope Valley Freeway).

Having attended both Speed Ventures and Alltime Racing track days, I can tell you that the latter is much less frenetic than the former.

Lighter attendance means a day at the track with Alltime Racing equals:
Plenty of high-speed track time and challenge from similarly-skilled drivers, if you fall into that group.
Very supportive to the newbie, if you have never been to a track day.
A place for you on the track if you fall in between the two extremes.

Bench racing, swapping of lies, grilling, and 12 ounce curls on the Wednesday afternoon before.

It always amazes me how many attendees come from greater distances, compared to just a few from the L.A. area.
One would think with almost 20 million people in the L.A. basin, more drivers would cruise out just past Lancaster to blast around "The Fastest Road in the West".
Remember, this is just before the big show in Van Nuys. You car is already prepped for THAT show... come on out to Willow Springs!

$375, or $300 early bird discount if you beat the upcoming 21 February deadline.

Questions or reservation payments:

[email protected]

Alltime Racing
14750 Miller Ave
Gardena, CA 90249

professional-looking video for the ambiance of a typical track day:

not-quite-as-professional in-car video of a session:

I just called here and booked my room:

Best Western Carriage Inn $139 /night
Closest hotel to show; 1.5miles
Dennys restaurant on site
818-787-2300
Discount Code: Chrysler Performance West Car Club

BOOM.
Three days. I talked to some guy that knew about the discount code. SCORE.

Taking the Dart. Baby's got new shoes! Cooper Cobra's all around. Went up one size in the back to 255/60-15s. Had the steelies powder coated satin black.
Ordered Crackback's headlight relay harness and a pair of halogen headlights off Ebay. New front brake pads going on this weekend. Then an oil change and she's ready to roll.

IMG_20220312_105444.jpg IMG_20220312_105512.jpg

The registrations are ramping up.

seeing lots of swappers. Most with 2 spaces. Even a few with 4 spaces

249CD8AD-10CB-487A-8403-AA0CBCEAA50E.jpeg

I just talked to Carriage Inn…

They opened up 10 rooms at the $139 rate. Rate ends this Friday April 1, 2022

Carriage Inn
* Host Hotel Group Rate Name: "Chrysler Performance West Car Club" or "Car Club"
* Rate: $139.00 per night
* Free Parking
* 24hr Denny's on site

Get them while you can!

I dont see any cost on just driving my Dodge to the show and my wife and I walking the show. How much are we looking at so I bring plenty of cash?

Bring plenty of cash to my space and I won't charge for admission. :lol:
The show is free to buyers and spectators.

Spectating is free. Showing or having a swap space is not. Bring dough for shirts, swap meet purchases, food. No charge on parking unless you park where it will yield you a ticket.

Spectating is free. Showing or having a swap space is not. Bring dough for shirts, swap meet purchases, food. No charge on parking unless you park where it will yield you a ticket.

Or show your dodge it in the show field. That’s prefered parking! Just walk your parts back to your car. Keep food and drink in the trunk. Food and drink savings will pay for show spot.

you can also go back and forth to your car to check what parts you need or might find in better condition

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back