• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vanity plates

I couldn't tell you, on old used/org. plates
your guess is as good as mine

the new ones thru the CA-DMV, "CA Legacy Plates"
are an extra $50 non refundable, just to research it
if they don't have it or it's taken etc., oh well, such is DMV
among probable other fees :BangHead:
on-top of what ever the extortion for the registration is already

DMV won't accept any type of illicit wording, cursing/vulgarity
or drugs promotions/use crap etc.
for obvious reasoning
That $50 fee is really ballz. Ct's website lets you type in a plate to see if its available. When you apply you can add a total of 6 plate just in case your first choice was taken in the interim.

Last edited:
Fun watching non mopar people trying to figure this one out...
IMG_4734.JPG

Mine says "70BEE"; that's because I have a '70 Bee.

On my 1967 Coronet R/T, I requested RT 1967 from the Va. DMV in 1987. I got these "React Team" plates by accident. I ran them up until the mid 90's when my car was was old enough (25 years) to qualify for the permanent YOM "antique" plates. I was not affiliated with the "React Team", and I inquired to ask. Apparently they were a CB radio club that used to set up roadside tents to serve coffee and donuts, etc. to tired drivers on holiday weekends. I thought it was cool, and kept them, but hung them up in the garage after putting the YOM plates on the ol' Dodge..

2018070395212123.jpg 2018070395212626.jpg 2018070395212200.jpg

I like to see what you people come up with. I like to see and try to decipher Vanity Plates. In my younger days of street racing (late '70's early '80's, the days before picture taking cell phones), I never liked a plate that someone could easily remember. So no vanity plates here. At car shows, I switch plates, anything from the year 1970, Virginia, Pennsylvanian,South Carolina or Maryland.

Last edited:
Here is the only one I had over the years when Chebby was claiming they had the longest lasting trucks. This one has over 500K miles and outlasted most of them.
Most couldn't decipher it. (its no bowtie)

snoboty2.jpg

Not a vanity plate, just luck of draw, WAR 859

8MA1148.jpg2..jpg

Some of mine....66 Charger -Heavy66 ,69 1/2 Road Runner - 9MCode,68 Coronet - Wedge,71 Duster - Nonova,

Auto Transport Service
Back