• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vapor canister or traditional fuel filter?

Frank1970

Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I just purchased the 2 piece hard fuel line to go between the carb and fuel pump for a 70 charger RT 440. I did not realize that i dont have the vapor canister. What i had before was a rubber line from pump to carb no filter. Now what? I dont have a return line either. If i get that canister do i have to use the return line port? Can i cap it off for now? OR is it easy enough to find a return line, is it even necessary?

1970's did not have a vapor canister. Do you mean the vapor separator that mounts near the fuel pump on the block?

its sounds like from reading it is also a filter but depends on which one i buy? Also i read one of them is not correct? So it is recommended that i buy a line and install the separator?

I got my lines from inline tube and my separator from 521 restorations (jsbrown1 on eBay). From what I can tell, 521 part is the correct opening size. I have not measured it, but it looked correct when I got it.

Here is the difference. The pointy one has the correct size of .060. The top one has the huge hole that will lower your fuel pressure. I believe Mopar Mall is where I ordered one and it had the correct size.

C5B3F9EE-3961-43C8-A255-BC8C930A2A15.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back