• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent Window Frame Reattachment

Dutchrebuild

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Got all my original chrome back and wondering how to reattach the frame to the chrome...any ideas? A buddy suggested using panel bond

IMG_20240109_093209385.jpg

IMG_20240109_093220243.jpg

There should be nubs that line up with and protrude thru the holes on the frame. You then would peen them over to secure it. It is possible that the nubs have been used in the past though. In that case , maybe someone here knows of a strong adhesive to use. Panel adhesive doesn’t sound like a bad idea to me

I used Loctite structural adhesive. E -120hp. I bought it thru McMaster Carr along with dispensing gun and nozzle tips. Clamped it overnight and worked great. Make sure to clean anything up before it dries with acetone or you won't be able to.
McMaster Carr item numbers 6430A24, 74695A71, 74695A12
Test clamp everything first as I don't think you could get a second chance with this stuff,
way stronger than panel bond.

Mine had two sets of pins and one set had been preened over by the original supplier, leaving me a set to use for reattachment after rechroming.

Auto Transport Service
Back